The Long Expected Party

Chapter 7

The Long Expected Party

Frodo's smiling face lit up along with his startling blue eyes.

I was at a loss. "Oh" I said again.

"That's an interesting book you have there." He piped up still smiling.

"Yes, I uh, it's for an assignment. I'm sorry, are you Frodo Baggins?"

Stupid question but I had to make sure.

"The one and only" he replied.

"It's just... I thought..." I trailed off, thinking of the Grey Havens and how Frodo's story ended. However, Gandalf was here along other characters that technically should be dead, so why not Frodo?

He smiled "I know it's all a bit confusing. But here we are! I do suppose dinner will be starting soon, tonight there will be a wonderful feast! Care to join me?"

I chuckled, he was adorable, "I'd be honored to join you, mister Frodo. My name is Vanáeze, by the way."

As we made our way to the main hall the horns rang for dinner. I was glad I decided to wear my dress today because everything else was decorated with such magnificence...I would have felt very underdressed in just a tunic.

A large oaken beautifully carved table rested in the front of the hall. Another large table spilt the circle hall down the middle and it was full of wondrous foods I'd never seen. There were smaller tables with pillow seats around the hall and more places to eat outside.

Frodo turned to me and bowed courteously, "I take my leave now miss, enjoy dinner!"

He rushed over to the oaken table with the other members of the staff.

Bells chimed, silencing everyone.

Gandalf stood up from his seat in the front. "Greetings students! Congratulations on your successful first day, there will be many more to come! Tonight we will feast in honor of you, we all wish you the best here at the Academy. Please enjoy the festivities, as they now begin!"

I found my roommates and we decided to eat just outside the dining hall in the forest meadows. I looked at all the staff members collectively seated at the head table.
Everyone was there; the young Bilbo, Faramir, Eomer, Arwen, even Boromir Samwise and many others (including multiple dwarves!)
Of course most of the students were staying in the main hall, trying to attract their personal favorite character. We grabbed our food and dashed out of that frenzy.

The forest dining area was beautiful. The tables and chairs had blue green and gold chiffon fabrics draped above them.
Candles hung off of tree boughs, the whole area appeared to be floating in an out of a misty dream.
The smell of willows, pine and lemon grass wafted through the air. The food was just as divine as the atmosphere we ate it in.
Sugar-apple hams, glazed with cinnamon smoke sauce.
Potatoes (your choice; boiled, mashed or in a stew!) so creamy and buttery. Fresh salads, exotic spices, and ornate desserts also adorned our plates. As we relaxed in our misty hollow the sound of hobbit music began to play.

People began trickling outside and a bonfire was lit in the centre of the hollow and dancing began, line dancing mainly.
More and more came outside into the flickering lanterns, making a scene closing resembling Bilbo's eleventy first birthday.

Our little group decided to join in the festivities.

"This is amazing!" I called out to Estelriel. We made our way into the dancing circles, it was pretty simple once you got the hang of it.