Going Away

~~~

Chapter 22

Going Away

I had run into my empty dorm. Everyone was still in classes. What happened if you skipped out on classes at Meta? I didn't care,I'd already survived one detention.

 I tried to steady my breathing. Was I crying?

I felt a hot tear race down the side of my face.

No! No, no, no! 

I'm so sick and tired of crying. I'm so tired of not knowing what to do! Legolas, Thorin, the brotherhood of the stone, the Stone, my friends, exams, middle earth, family, home...I missed home.

I let out a dry sob as I covered my mouth with a clenched fist.

I wanted to go home.

I was close with my family, I wanted the comforts of my room and friends loving parents. Losing myself in this game against Legolas wasn't worth it.

What was I even doing anymore? I felt the stresses that I'd kept locked up inside me for weeks began to spill out. What happened to proving myself? I'm supposed to be there for people, not turn into the mess that I am now.

I just didn't understand. What the heck was that with Thorin anyway! What was he thinking? He knew the fragile situation I was in!

I needed to calm down. I'd gone through this and I was done with being the weak one. My question now was who, who can I go to? I needed someone on the outside, not Legolas or Thorin, I was too embarrassed to consult with Gandalf or Galadriel. All I needed was time away, or at least advice from someone who wasn't intertwined with this problem. It suddenly hit me.

"You are a lovely little jewel, however my dear, where jewels are, a dragon follows. Take heed of that and remember; if you ever need a place to go, the halls of Mirkwood are welcome to you."

Thranduil's words echoed in my mind. Could he be trusted? He was Legolas's father after all. Perhaps he didn't mean what I thought he did. After all, at first I thought he was talking about Agarwaen. I wasn't sure if I could even get to Mirkwood. No, I knew I couldn't. The semester was coming to a close and I had Metae (Middle-Earth Training Academy Exams) to take.

"Vanàeze?" The light voice of Galadriel called from outside my dorm. I angrily wiped the tears stains from my face.

"Coming." I muttered before swiftly exiting my dorm.

Galadriel, all clad in white stood outside my room and motioned for me to follow her in the direction of her glen.

"You have not attended any of your afternoon classes?" Galadriel questioned me.

"No, I...was troubled." I furrowed my brow, realising how lame that excuse sounded in my own ears.

"So I noticed." Her low, enchanting voice remarked as we entered her room.

She continued, "You are strong my dear, but you need strength yet to overcome the struggle to come."

We both sat upon an elvish daybed, stitched with satin and chiffon.

"I just, it's all so difficult! Why me? What on Middle-Earth happened to make things like this?" I said with exasperation.

Clear your mind, I reminded myself, letting out a sigh.

Galadriel smiled softly, "Have faith in yourself, little one."

She was right.

Galadriel changed the subject, "I wanted to speak to you about upcoming Metae. The first year student's with the best marks and passing scores are admitted into "The Hobbit" experience." She noted.