three

3

JASON

Falling in love with people goes completely unexpected. When I first saw Sage I never would’ve thought that I would’ve loved her as much as I do now. I never thought I’d love anyone, ever. Sage taught me how to love and see things differently. Sage’s dad doesn’t know that we’re dating but I feel like he suspects something. Every night I sneak into Sage’s room and wrap her in my arms and kiss her until I can’t breathe anymore. Being with her makes me the happiest guy on the planet, we’re good together. Until the fights come along. We’ve always had bad fights but when we started dating they got worse. Sage became somewhat distant and I just fought to keep her closer. I’m overprotective, protecting her is like a job for me and it just angers me that she doesn’t listen to what I tell her to do, it’s all out of her safety. She tells me that she’ll be fine and she doesn’t need it but always manages to get herself into some type of fucking trouble. I woke up later that evening to Sage running her fingers through my hair. When I opened my eyes, hers were closed and she was leaning back on the pile of pillows against her headboard. I leaned up and kissed her lips softly, watching her eyes flutter open. I pulled away and said, “You should’ve woke me up.”

“You were tired, I let you sleep. I never heard you snore until today.” She smiled, trailing her hand from my hair down to my neck. “I’ve got to shower.”

“I’ve got to go and run some errands, but I’ll be back later on tonight.”

“What time?”

I looked at the clock beside her bed. It was 9:45 at night already, “Maybe around three.”

“Three in the morning?”

I shrugged, “Yeah, maybe around that time.”

“If you’re coming in that late don’t even bother coming over at all.” She snapped, climbing out of the bed.

I grabbed her by her elbow and pulled her back to me. “Baby, not tonight, please? I don’t want to fight with you.”

“Then don’t go…please, don’t go.”

“I didn’t go last night and now I cant take you out this weekend.”

“Who cares Jason? I don’t care about you taking me out, we can stay in for all I care, just don’t go out tonight.”

I nodded, “Fine, take your shower, I’ll be here.” She smiled and walked into the bathroom closing the door. When I heard the shower cut on I pulled out my phone and dialed Miles’ number.

 He answered on the second ring, “Hello?”

“Yo, Miles.”

“Yo Jason, whatcha up to?”

“Well, I have to wait for Sage to get to sleep before I ride over to that side.”

“The fight starts at 1, you can’t be late or else Kaden’s gonna be pissed. We put a shit load of money down on you, you better show up tonight.”

“I will, I’ll be there in time to fight, okay?”

“Alright man, see you later.”

“Okay dude.”

When we hung up I pinched the bridge to my nose. The bathroom door creaked open and Sage poked her head out, “Come join me.”

I turned my body to look at her as a sly grin crept on my face, “Isn’t your dad home?”

“Sh, come here.” She smiled, biting her bottom lip.

I walked towards the bathroom ridding myself of the clothes I was wearing in the process.