nine

9

SAGE

This arena was way better than the last one Jason was at. I stood next to Miles and Kaden as they got Jason ready for the match. His eyes never once let mine. His mouth played around with the mouthpiece he used to protect his teeth as his hands fumbled around and he cracked his knuckles. While his eyes looked up at me through those thick lashes of his I once again felt that clench in my lower stomach…he was famous for making me feel things I didn’t want to feel. I hated and loved him for that. I was about to say something when the bell rang twice, causing my attention to drift away from his eyes and that unquestionable feeling. Jason stood up and took his shirt off, keeping his basketball shorts on. I heard girls scream and hoot around the arena but it sucked for them because he was mine, and I was going to make sure they knew that. Before he walked into the cage Jason came over to me, taking out the mouthpiece. “You better kick his ass.” I smiled.

“Oh baby, you should know better.” He smiled, and he leaned down a little bit, just enough for me to capture his lips with mine. His tongue traced my bottom lip and I opened my mouth for him to raid. He took no prisoners when he kissed me. That feeling came back and I suddenly wished this whole fight was over and done with and he would take me home already…that’s where I wanted to be. In his bed. He pulled away and I frowned. I didn’t want him to stop. “Don’t look so sad. You got me all night, just let me kick this dudes ass so me and my girl can do whatever she wants.”

I smiled up at him and blushed. “Go do what you do best.”

JASON

I dodged his punch again. Moving away from his huge body. The dude I was fighting tonight was called Grizzly, and that was because he’s hairy as hell and big as hell. I always fought the big dudes because they were never quick on their feet because they underestimated me. I hated to be me underestimated. I threw four punches to his rib cage and one to his jaw. Moving around so quick and swift he wouldn’t know where I was. My teeth played with the piece in my mouth. I could still taste Sage on my lips. It was like a drug to me…she was like a drug to me. If I could come out every night with her in my corner I’d be fine, but no way was I constantly putting her life in danger like this. Even though being with me period is putting her life in danger, I’m too selfish to let go of her. If I ever walk away I know it wouldn’t be voluntarily. The Grizzly punched me, knocking the mouthpiece out my mouth. I smiled and retaliated quickly. I started throwing punches at him left and right, backing him into the cage, and then throwing a knee is what got him down. I wrapped my legs around his neck, pulling and tugging. The ref came, counted to ten and I was once again rewarded with another victory. I stood up and held up my arms. Instead of Miles and Kaden coming into the ring they pushed Sage in there to me. I grabbed her and planted a kiss on her lips, feeling her nails dig into my sides. Damn, she had me.

*

Miles and Kaden then invited everyone back to the house for a celebration party. Usually after fights I go back to Sage’s house but since she’s here with me, she decided that she wouldn’t mind going.  I walked out of the bathroom in my room with a towel hanging low on my waist. Sage was wearing a pair of shorts that stopped just below her belly button and a red crop-top shirt that would put any man on his knees. She was wearing black low-top Chucks and one of my black flannels around her waist. My mouth practically watered just by looking at her. I walked over to the dresser and pulled one of the drawers open, grabbing a white t-shirt and pulling it over my head. “You look so beautiful.”

She blushed and put down her red lipstick. “Are you just saying that because you know that’s what I wanted to hear?”

I smirked and kissed her forehead. “No, I’m saying it cause it’s the truth.”

“Well then, say things like that more often.” She giggled. She watched me as I pulled on a pair of dark-washed jeans and bit her lip. “Aren’t you going to put on boxers or something?”

“Oh no baby, I’m going commando tonight.”

She visibly shuddered and smiled a little bit. “Lucky me.”