fourteen

14

JASON

 I sat there with my head in my hands while I waited for all the right things to say to Justine. There weren’t any. She already knew, it was already put out there. “So, I don’t know what to say.”

“You still love her.”

It wasn’t a question but I still nodded. “I do.”

“I was just a quick fuck? Was that it Jason?”

“No, you weren’t a quick fuck Justine.”

“Then what was I?” she blurted out.

“I’ll always love her, there’s no doubt about that because she was my best friend, but I’m getting over her. I want someone new.” I was lying through my teeth. I highly doubted I was even going to see this girl after tonight.

“Really?”

“Yeah really.” I smirked. I leaned in and kissed her softly, just to shut her up and keep her from asking me dumb ass questions I really didn’t want to answer. She was climbing on top of me and pushing my back down, distracting me.

And truth is, if I didn’t have Sage, all I was ever going to need was a distraction.

SAGE

I woke up with Will’s arms wrapped tightly around my waist. We didn’t get far last night. We didn’t go anywhere at all. When he came upstairs, we kissed a little, he touched me a little and then as soon as he was really getting started he hopped off of me and bolted for the bathroom. Truth is he puked his guts out for about an hour and a half and then passed out on the bed. I was sexually frustrated and it sucked beyond compare. Especially when my ex was across the hall fucking some girls brains out. I scoffed and wiggled out of Will’s arms. I pulled on his shirt and then slowly made my way downstairs. The house was filthy but not as bad as I thought it would’ve been. Miles was passed out on the couch and Kaden was leaning against the wall with a can of beer in his hand, and drool dripping down his chin. I started grabbing cups when the back door slid open and Jason appeared, shirtless and in all his glory. His jeans hung deliciously from his hips and my heart was being torn as we stood there and stared each other down. “G-good morning.” I whispered.

His eyes were on my legs, and on my freshly pedicured feet. “Morning.”

I asked, “Sleep well?” And slowly regretted it when a smirk touched his lips. “Never mind, forget I asked.” I walked into the kitchen and proceeded to clean.

“I’m sorry you walked in on that last night.”

“It wasn’t the first thing I’ve walked in on.” I muttered, before I could stop myself.

I looked up at him to see the hurt in his eyes. “Wow, at least this time it was mutual. I wanted her on top of me, and when I went for it, she never stopped me.”

“Never stopped you? Of course she would never stop you, she’s wanted you since the beginning of time! I, also, have never stopped you. You are the one that stopped yourself from fucking me senseless, so don’t you fucking dare blame this on me.” I snapped.

He stepped closer to me, making me back into the counter behind me. “You wanted me to fuck you senseless?”

God that’s all I’ve ever wanted you to do. I had to steady my breathing. “I’m not answering that.”

“All you had to do was say the word.”

“You always shot me down, besides, you’re late. Will’s beat you to the punch.” I said, pushing Jason away and walking around him.

He grabbed my arm, yanking me back. “He took your virginity?”

“Yeah, last night.” I lied. God, I was such a liar.

His grip tightened on me. “Did you want it?”

I leaned in and whispered, “Wanted every bit of it.” I yanked my arm out of his grasp and ran up to Will’s guest room for safety.