Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I woke with my alarm clock ringing. ''Mom'' I groan getting out of bed and get dressed. It was Friday and I chose a pair of white shorts and a white and blue tank, with a blue sweat shirt. After I finished getting dressed I walked downstairs and piled two waffles on my plate. My family stared at me '' What '' I say almost yelling they'd been staring at me like that since I woke up. ''Oh, that I say.'' my mother opened her mouth to speak but closed it immediately then my father says '' You'll be going with the officers again this morning and you will be missing the first few hours of school...'' he trails of in his sentence and my mother finished it saying, '' The officers came for you but you slept in we told them that we could wake you but they just sounded alarmed they practically yelled at us saying ' No, you never wake a dreamer you could interrupt there dreams or their second life so promise me you will never wake your daughter again.' I agreed but I didn't understand they also said that they will be back for you by noon.''

I glanced at the time and it was 9:00 so that  gave me a few hours to do what I wished before being shoved into that lab again and have to talk to Brian again after being kidnapped in the dream world he'll be shaking me to death for what it's like in there or if they'd tortured me. I decided to work on an S.A. for school better to finish before school than to hand it in uncompleted. When the clock ticked 12:00 I had just finished my S.A and was walking down the stairs when I heard a knock at the door. My mother yelled,'' Daina you might as well get it because it's probably for you anyways.'' I opened the door and there stood the same two officers who shoved me and my brother out the door I guess they do all the dirty work for the FBI because I never saw them once come and get me it's always the police. They pulled my parents aside and talked to them again this is  starting to feel like  I've done this all my  life. But really this is only the first day.

  After the officers were done explaining to my parents  what they were going to do to me. I got into the car and we rode off.  When I got there I noticed that we were in a run down building that no one would have suspected as a hideout. When we were nearing the lab I passed the cell that Brian and I were put in. But when I looked in there I saw that Brian was missing. I knocked on the lab door only to hear Natalie's soothing voice '' Come in''  so I did as she said. '' Hello'' I barely whispered, ''Hi, today we are going to do an experiment but it won't hurt trust me.'' She moved aside and then I saw that Brian was behind her, '' Your alright '' he said not making any eye contact. Natalie left us alone for a few minutes thinking that we needed some time alone to discus some stuff. '' I'm fine, why do you care anyway it's not like you did anything to come and help me. I was blind folded and shoved in a bag and you did nothing.'' I heard the anger in my voice rise and immediately stopped talking.

'' I couldn't do anything I begged the king to help me get you back but he said that he wasn't going to risk his peoples lives only for me. He also said that since I was made up of not only light but darkness too they would not destroy me only comfort me. He said that this close to a war of the century he would not let anyone die, not today and not tomorrow. So I guess your stuck with them but don't worry I'm sure that whatever they do to you isn't even as bad as I imagine it in fact it's probably worse.'' He talked for such a long time I just lost track of his words.

Natalie must of thought that this was a good time to come back in the room because she started to talk.'' Could both you and Brian sit on the table side by side if you both could maybe hold hands it would probably help the experiment to work even more.'' We both did as she asked then it was our turn in talking. Before I could talk Brian quickly said'' What is this experiment about?'' Natalie only smiled and said,'' The experiment is to see if you can both dream side by side and enter the dream world together.''

She smiled as if she was satisfied with herself and said,'' Now I need you both to lie down and let your mind go blank.'' That was probably easy for Brian noticing the sudden loose grip in his hand and but I squeezed it tighter not wanting him to let go on me. There was a sudden silence then all I saw was me in the bed in the room in the dark city far away from the tight grip of Brian's hand.