Chapter 1

Chapter 1

It all started with a dream.  When I was twelve  I would wake up screaming in the night, and once it was so bad the neighbors called the FBI and the police because my screaming was so loud I woke up the entire neighborhood. I was crying in my mothers arms and all of a sudden the FBI busted down the doors and said to put our hands in the air. I looked over and saw the pained and scared looks on my brother and mothers face.

They told us to start explaining without thinking I replied'' Well I was having a nightmare and I woke up with cuts and bruises all down my back and arms.'' The officer took one look at me in my rainbow pajamas and tear stained face. Giving a nod to two other officers they went towards me and grabbed my arms and started towards the door. My father yelled'' I won't let you take my daughter.''

Two other officers went and grabbed my brother and headed toward the door. My father yelled again'' No, Don't take my children!'' but all my mother did was whisper something to my father and he stopped. One of the police officers took my parents aside I couldn't quite make out what they were saying but judging by the look on my mothers face it wasn't good. The chief puts me and my brother into the car and we drive off. I can't remember what happened next because I must have dozed off on the long ride.

When I woke up I was in a cell and the first thing I noticed was that my brother James wasn't with me. I yelled out'' Where's my bother!'' at least three times. But what startled me was someone answered me it was a boy he said'' He went home in the night after they ran some tests and asked some questions.'' I nodded as if I understood but I didn't even know where I was. The boy said'' I'm Brian.'' I replied'' and I'm Daina .'' He nodded as if he approved of my reply. ''You know they were taking a risk putting you in here with me, they all hate me even thought they raised me.'' ''What happened.'' I asked. ''Well when I was five my parents were taken away from me.'' I nodded again in reply, I wasn't really in a talkative mood but before I could reply someone came down the hall ringing a bell. ''That's the breakfast bell, they do the same for lunch and supper.'' ''Oh.'' I replied and walked out of the cell. We walked out of the building into a smaller building which I guessed was for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

After I finished eating I was escorted to a door that had a sign that read DO NOT ENTER in big bold letters. I entered the room and a young lady greeted me by saying'' You must be Daina, my name is Natalie and I will ask you a few questions and run a few tests but by this afternoon you will be free to go home.'' ''Now will you get up on the table.'' without a question I did what she asked and then she said'' Now lie back.'' Before I could do anything I was fast asleep and dreaming.