Letter #1

Song to go with this letter: Everything I Didn't Say by 5 Seconds of Summer

"Wish I could've made you stay, I'm the only one to blame."

****

I've always thought that your life can change in the blink of an eye. And if your life can change, for the better or the worse, when does each person's life change on average???

We always take our lives for granted, we take advantage of each other, thinking that each person or friend will stay forever.

That's what I did with you, I think, I took advantage of our friendship, and in the end, you left. Maybe that's why I'm so empty now, because you're not here when you said you would always be here.

The second you walked out the door, my life changed. That proves my theory; your life can change in a second. And mine did.

Now you're gone, and I don't know what to do. I'm lying on the floor with a bottle of vodka, writing this to you, even though I know you'll never read it.

Writing these letters reminds me of when you were around, and I used to write you letters with secret little messages in them that only you and I knew. Now I'm here. On the floor. Writing you a letter. With no hidden messages.

My mind is filled with questions; my overthinking kills me.

Did you leave me because of what I did? Did you finally realize how horrible I am?

Part of me is dying because you did, but the other part of me isn't surprised that you see me the way I've seen myself from the day I was born.

Worthless.

----------------------------------------------------
Author's Note :
Hi guys! So this is my new book, and this book is going to be very short. Most of the chapters won't have that much length. I hope you'll enjoy Lyla's story because she's very interesting. I realize also that this is different from my past themes and formats of books, so tell me how it's going. 😌 There are also songs to go with the parts. I love all of you!!