29

Song: If I Could Fly by One Direction 

"Pay attention, I hope that you're listening, cause I let my guard down, right now I'm completely defenseless."

 ****

Lyla's father and stepdad burst through the front door. They look relieved, but a hint of stressed is still evident on their faces. 

Grayson takes one look at Lyla's father, and he immediately thinks of her. They look so alike. Lyla got her build from her father, she inherited the faint strawberry blonde hair. 

Grayson looks away. 

Her fathers think they may know a few places she may have went. Lyla's favorite places list consist of tons of book stores and libraries.

They want to split up in groups to search different ones. Grayson tells Lyla's mother that he wants to go alone, and she nods in understanding. 

Grayson needs to do this alone. He knows deep down that he has to be the one to find her. Him and him alone. 

They're just about to split people into groups when he shows up. Grayson's not happy as soon as he sees him walk in.

He sees the feeling is mutual when he sees Grayson.

"Grayson."

"Reynolds."

He turns to Lyla's mother, who slightly smiles at him in greeting. 

"What can I do to help find my girlfriend??" He asks, knowing Grayson is listening.

Grayson clenches his first but quickly in clenches them, remembering that this isn't about him, it's about finding Lyla. That's what he needs to focus on, not punching this arrogant jerk in the face. 

So, Grayson leaves him and Ashlyn to talk and walks upstairs, heading towards Lyla's room.

He walks in and looks around.

He notices something white inside on top of Lyla's bedside table.

He walks over to the drawer and opens it, and he finds that it's a envelope, addressed to him.

At the corner of the envelope, he sees a number, #27.

Curious, Grayson opens the envelope.

As he reads, tears draw from his eyes. 

It's the letter, the letter of Lyla Jones. 

Reaching out to him, confessing, but he never knew. He never got to help her. 

Leaving. 

Giving up.

--
A/N: Ya'll just missed something huge. Check back in the last few sentences when Grayson says Lyla's boyfriend's name.