Letter #11

Song: Love The Way You Lie (part 2) by Rihanna feat Eminem 

"Even angels have their wicked schemes, and you take that, to new extremes." 

***
I went to a party today, for once in a long time. I brought him, and he never left my side. You were there too. With her.

He and I walked in and the first thing I saw was your blue eyes.

I saw you look at her and smile, and I looked down at the ground.

After a while, I caught you staring at him and I and you saw him wrap his arms around me and you looked away. He noticed you staring and he turned to me.

"Who is that??" He asked, curiously. I tensed up, and I think he could sense it. I took his hands off me and wrapped my arms around my chest. He sighs.

"Is that the one who made your wall so high?" He asks, and I don't say anything, I just look at the ground. I can't tell him the whole story without crying.

"His name is Grayson, right?" He asks, and I nod a tiny bit, biting my lip. He sighs again. "I'm gonna kill that asshole."

"No, please don't, really it's fine now." I lie, and I know he doesn't believe me. But he nods and opens his arms to hug me. I willingly take his hug.

His hug is so warm, so caring. We're still hugging when someone taps my shoulder.

It's you.

You're standing there looking at me and you're still as handsome as always, which is horrible.

"Hey, Ly." You say, smiling slightly. I just look at you, speechless. "We haven't talked lately." You say it like it's my fault that you've been ignoring me.

"Yeah." Is all I say.

"We need to talk more. I miss you." Lies. That's all that comes out of your mouth.

"You miss ME?" I say, my voice rising. People start looking over at us.

"Lyla. Don't do this here." Your voice is firm, and I've never heard you take that tone with me before. Until now.

"No, Grayson. Don't you remember? You left ME. Not the other way around. So don't even stand there and say you miss me when you're the one that left." I tell him, backing away from you, but you grab my arm.

"Lyla. Don't say that." Your voice is low, and I try and yank my arm from your grip, but your grip is tight.

Finally, he steps in once he realizes that you have your hand on my arm and won't let go. He shoves you.

"What the hell, man?!" You yell, and everyone stares now.

"When a girl tries to get you off of her, get off of her." He says, shoving you once more. You look furious. You look at me.

"Is this your little new boyfriend?" You nod towards him and he scoffs. "Tell him to stay the hell away from me." And then you're gone.

I can't breathe, I run towards one of the bathrooms and lock myself in, not looking back. I hear someone knocking.

"Lyla, please let me in." He says, and I sigh and unlock the door. He walks in and shuts the door behind him. He sits next to me on the floor.

"You still love him." I'm right about to deny it when he stops me. "Don't deny it. I know love when I see it. I also see that he hurt you and that you still love him."

I look up at him.

He sighs and his eyes look sad. "I know the feeling. I used to love a girl who used me, and it didn't matter what she did to me, I still loved her. I thought I'd never get over her. And I didn't, until you."