Letter #18

Song: I Know You Won't by Rascal Flatts 

"I buy into those eyes, and into your lies." 

****
It's been awhile since I've written you because I hardly know what to say to you.

You posted a picture of you and her with the caption: "Honestly, I've never been happier."

Your hair was blowing in the wind and you were smiling like you used to smile at me, and she was looking at the camera and laughing as you whispered something in her ear.

I almost cried.

But then I remembered what we have is dead.

You killed it. You killed our friendship. You're the one that killed it and I have to keep telling myself that it's not my fault.

But it is.

And it isn't.

All at the same time.

I want to go back to you so badly. And it's so difficult not to. 

But I deserve better. You only provide love sometimes, and it's not enough. Because I want you, but you don't want me. Because I consistently crave compassion, among a lot of other things and you cannot give that to me. 

I am worth more than a late night text. Because I am worth more than waiting constantly. Because I am worth all the love this world can give. 

But you, you, you, and you. You are stuck in my mind. My heart, my soul. And it hurts. 

----