Letter #16

Song: Get Over Yourself by Kelsea Ballerini 

"You think all I do is talk about us, and that the new boy I show off is only out of spite." 

****
He asked me to come over to his house today and meet his little brother and dog. I told him he had me at the word 'dog'.

He picked me up at around 6 and he looked nervous. He also looked incredibly cute, especially when he's nervous.

"Something wrong??" I ask him, laughing.

"Nope, no, nothing." He's acting weird, it makes me suspicious.

"If you say so." I say as he starts driving to his house.

We get there and my eyes widen. His house is HUGE! It has to be at least 3 story with 20 bedrooms.

"SWEET JESUS THIS IS YOUR HOUSE?!" I exclaim and he winces.

"Yes, unfortunately it is." He says and I rush to get out of the car. I run up the the front door and wait for him to unlock it.

"Come on!!" I whine, bouncing up and down, because I really want to see the inside of this house. He smiles, taunting me with his keys.

"You're cute when you whine." He says and I automatically stop.

He notices and he winces again. "I'm sorry.. I had to." He opens the front door and I literally start freaking out.

His house looks like Martha Stewart just threw a party and invited all of her decorator friends. All the color schemes match, it's perfect.

"Oh my god!!" I say, with my mouth open wide. I hear a cartoons on in one of the rooms and I look back at him.

"Jamie!" He calls and I hear something move. Then all the sudden, a flash of little boy runs past me and straight towards him.

"You're back!" The little boy, Jamie, exclaims while hugging him tightly.

"Yup, and I want you to meet someone." He says, and then he points towards me. Jamie turns around and looks at me, and the first thing I notice is Jamie's eyes.

They're golden brown, but they're almost like yellow. They're the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen, topping yours.

Jamie stares at me for a few moments and then hugs me too. I laugh.

"Jamie, this is Lyla." He says and I smile. Jamie just backs away and then runs back into the room he was in before.

Me and Him follow.

"Where is your mom?" I ask him.

"Working on a new wedding. She plans weddings. That's why the house is so big and so Martha Stewart like." He explains and my eyes widen.

I turn around to look at one of the many paintings in the room. "So what about you're---"

Jamie's throwing a basketball into a hoop and all the sudden something hard hits my head and I fall to the ground and all I see is darkness.