Letter #12

Song: Just A Fool by Christina Aguilera feat Blake Shelton  

"I say that I don't care, I'd walk away, whatever, and I tell myself that we were bad together uh huh, but that's just me trying to move on without you."

****

I fell down today in the hallway and dropped my books.

I started to pick them up when all the sudden she was there.

I was so shocked I dropped another book.

She laughed a small laugh and helped me pick up my books.

I watched her the whole time as she helped me, wondering why she was doing this.

Now I know why you like her so much. 

I'm not sure what I'm more afraid of... Seeing you again, or not seeing you again. 

Your eyes had the world in them, and I was drawn to you like a moth to a flame. But flame burns people, and in the end, all I ended up getting, was burned. 

It's hard not to have hope for us. So when I see you moving on, I'll try to do the same. And I'll meet someone new... Like him.. And I'll think, "Maybe he's the one who's going to help me forget about you."

But he never is. 

Because maybe I wasn't meant to forget about you. Maybe I'm going to love you for the rest of my life. And I'm still listening to song that remind me of you while you're listening to new songs that you're making new memories to. 

But sometimes we'll fall back into old habits you'll accidentally say, "I miss you". And then I'll be up all night, trying to find meaning in that stupid meaningless phrase. 

But I should know that nothing's the same. You don't love me anymore. And maybe you never did. But at the same time, nothing has changed. 

I'm still the lonely girl with sleepy eyes that you liked so long ago. And you're still the guy who always knew how to make me smiles. 

So what the hell happened to us?

How could you just fall out of love like that?

---