Chapter 5: Graduation

"Alright, this year's test will be on the clone jutsu." Iruka announced to the class. Yukana looked at Naruto who was beside her and was looking far from excited.

Hiruzen sensei was already asleep when I came home. Well, if I just have to make one good clone, I'll be alright. Yukana at least felt more confident than Naruto.

---------

Yukana stood before Iruka and another ninja, called Mizuki, in an empty room.

"Ok, whenever you're ready." Iruka said with a smile.

Ok, just one good clone, just one. Please don't be see through. "Clone jutsu!" A gust of wind blew around Yukana as an image of herself separated from her body and stood beside her. She opened her eyes to see a perfect clone, that was not see through! Yukana's heart rate accelerated with accomplishment and turned to Iruka with a big smile.

"Very well done, Yukana." Iruka congratulated her. "You are an official Genin now. Go ahead and choose a headband."

Yukana, still with a big smile plastered on her face, trotted over to the table with many Leaf symbol headbands displayed on the surface. She picked up the headband closest to her and tied it around her forehead. "Thank you, Iruka sensei!" Yukana bowed and left the room.

"That was an interesting clone." Mizuki pointed out when the young girl left.

"Yes, it visibly came out of her body instead of appearing beside her." Iruka agreed. "Her hand signs were correct though."

----------

Yukana ran out of the academy building in search of Naruto. Where is he? I hope he passed. Other children were excitedly talking with their parents who were congratulating their success.

"There, you see him?"

"It's that boy. I hear he's the only one who failed."

"Hmph, serves him right."

"I mean, just imagine what would happen if he ever became a ninja. He's the boy that-"

"Shh, we're not aloud to talk about that."

Yukana overheard two other women talking. When she saw who they were talking about, her blood boiled. Yukana wanted to tell them off right then and there, but Hiruzen also made her promise to keep the demon a secret from the boy, so instead of using words, she walked in between the women and roughly bumped them out of her way.

"Owe."

"Watch it, brat." The two women scolded her in which Yukana responded with a death glare. The women were taken aback by the threatening expression that they quickly shut up. The white haired girl turned towards Naruto and ran to him in concern.

"Who is that?"

"I've never seen her before." The women mumbled under their breaths.

"Naruto, are you alright?" Yukana stood in front of the swing the boy sat on.

Naruto looked up at his new friend with sad eyes then looked away in shame. "I didn't pass."

Oh no, Naruto, I'm so sorry. All I want to do is help ease your suffering, but I don't know how I can help with this.

"Mizuki sensei?" Naruto looked up to see the white haired shinobi approach him.

"Yukana, may I have a word with Naruto please?" Mizuki asked kindly.

"Oh, yes Mizuki sensei." Yukana bowed to him. "I'll talk to you later Naruto." She waved behind her as she headed towards the direction of the Hokage tower. Mizuki's nice, I'm sure he'll help Naruto out.