Chapter 16: Test 2

"Whoa, nice place. What is it?" Naruto questioned, trying not to seem frightened of the sight before him. All the exam candidates stood before a large, chain link fence blocking off a dense, dark forest.

"This is the second phase of the exam." Anko announced. "It's the 44th training ground, but we call it. . . The Forest of Death."

"Forest of. . . death?" The blonde repeated.

"Hm, sounds like home." Yukana mumbled and crossed her arms. Yukana felt like someone was watching her and she looked in the direction to find a poor attempt at a camouflage. "Konohamaru." The white haired girl shook her head in amusement and started to giggle when the object chased Naruto. She walked over to the square rock. "Good morning, Konohamaru."

"Awe, you blew our cover big sis." A big, smoky explosion erupted from the disguise causing the three young academy students to cough. "I think we used too much gun powder this time, guys." Yukana waved her hand in front of her face to clear away the smoke.

"What are you guys doing? I'm about to take the second phase of the Chunin exam. I can't play with you guys now." Naruto stated.

"We came for an exclusive interview for the academy's newspaper."

"Yeah, but right now-"

"Hey, you over there," Anko came up to them with a stern voice. "What are you doing? You're holding up the exam."

"Sorry, but Konohamaru was telling me something about an interview for the academy newspaper." Naruto informed.

Anko gasped. "Oh, I forgot all about it. Lord Hokage had mentioned something about them interviewing me," she said with a bashful smile. "Alright," the proctor announced, "we're taking a 10 minute break. For those of you scheduled to be interviewed, be courteous and respectful for the recorders of the academy newspaper."

"I thought I was the only one being interviewed." The blonde looked disappointed.

"No boss, but you are the most important." Konohamaru assured.

I hope they don't interview me. Yukana thought, starting to pre determine the questions so she could come up with answers that won't disobey Hiruzen sensei's orders.

"Yukana, we'll interview you after Naruto, ok?" Konohamaru said with a smile.

"Um, you don't have to interview me. I'll skip."

"Nonsense! Just cuz I know you doesn't mean everyone else does, big sis." The boy looked up at her sweetly. How could she refuse?

After Naruto's interview, Konohamaru and his friends sat down in front of Yukana. "So, tell us about yourself. You're not originally from the Leaf Village, right? How did you come to live here?"

"Well, um. . ." Yukana picked through her words carefully. "My name is Yukana Harugami. I was told that a group of bandits attacked my parents on the road and killed them not too far from here and someone found me and brought me to the Leaf. I don't really remember anything since I was a baby, but the Hokage raised me himself and homeschooled me until I was ready to take the graduation test." The white haired girl sweatdropped, hoping the story was convincing enough.

"So what are some of your skills?"

"Skills?" Yukana let out a disappointed laugh. "There's not much to speak of, actually. I know the basic ninjutsus and I just work on developing those. My strengths are more in the taijutsu area and after some more chakra control training, Hiruzen sensei will be teaching me genjutsu."

The young female student asked the next few questions. "So, what's your birthday, your favorite food and things you like to do?"

"I don't know the exact day I was born, so the Hokage wrote up a birth certificate for me and filled in a date he thought was closest to my age, February 18th. My favorite food is ramen, which I discovered recently, and I really like to practice my flute in my spare time."