Chapter 20: Genin vs Genin

Yukana watched Sasuke's fight with bated breath. Once the Leaf ninja had Sasuke down, his hand glowed blue as he clutched the Uchiha's forehead.

"Ugh, you're taking my chakra!" Sasuke realized.

Yukana gasped and looked back at Kakashi. "Is he allowed to do that? That doesn't seem fair, at least I have an advantage." She thrust her head back to the fight.

"Yes, it's allowed, Yukana." Kakashi reassured. "That's his jutsu and fighting technique."

"Sasuke." Yukana gripped the railing which started to deform beneath her fingers. When the ravenette looked like he was about to be finished, he surprised everyone with a familiar taijutsu technique. Isn't that Lee's move? Yukana watched with a growing smile on her face. "Yeah, Sasuke! I'm gonna start calling you the copy cat now!" Both opponents were in the air and familiar black marks started to spread over Sasuke's skin just like it did back in the forest.

Kakashi's eye widened when the curse mark started to activate and a small weight bumped into him. Looking down, he saw Yukana walked backwards into him with terrified eyes and breathing profusely through her mouth in fear.

No, it's happening again. Yukana trembled. What is he going to do? Could that mark mean he's possessed? The marks slowed to a stop, then began receding back into the mark on his neck. He's fighting it! Yukana pushed herself off of her sensei and grabbed onto the railing again, but this time, in excitement.

Sasuke slammed the Leaf shinobi down with flying kicks and punches until his opponent crashed onto the battle floor, unmoving. The proctor inspected the victim of the 'Lion's Barrage' and concluded Sasuke's victory.

Kakashi appeared in a cloud of smoke right behind Sasuke, supporting him with his knee. "Not bad." The silver haired Jonin complimented.

"You ok?" Naruto shouted with a giggle. "Hey, Sasuke, you won but in a such uncool way, you came out looking like the one that got beat up." The blonde laughed again and Yukana's giggles could be heard from behind him while she clutched her stomach in relieved laughter.

-------------

From across the room, Gaara clutched his arm as he started to get a twitch. Oh no, Kankuro looked at his younger brother with worry. Not again. He looked like he was going to be set off during that fight with that one girl who looks like a ghost and that Rain ninja who screamed bloody murder the entire last part of it. Now, there was Sasuke's fight whom he's taken an interest in as well.

-----------

The rest of Team seven watched as Kakashi took Sasuke in the back to treat his wounds. When the field was clear, the next set of names appeared on the screen. Shino and Zaku were up next. The fight was almost a given to Shino since Zaku's arms were shot. Yukana learned that Shino used bugs for his personal jutsu and won the fight quickly by plugging up Zaku's sound holes in his palms. Hayate announced Shino's victory and was set to move onto the next match.

Kakashi appeared on the balcony behind his students in a cloud of smoke. "Hi." The silvernette said with a carefree attitude.

"Is that all you gotta say?" Sakura looked like she was in a near panic. "Where's Sasuke, how is he doing?"

"He's fine." The Jonin replied. "Sleeping soundly in the infirmary."

"Whew," Yukana sighed, "at least I didn't have to bring him back to life again."

"Yeah, Yukana, about that." Kakashi started, grabbing her attention. "I don't want you to ever attempt at bringing anyone back from the dead again. I know you mean well, but you almost died last time and your body does not accept anyone else's charka. I spoke with the Hokage and we both agree that that is a forbidden jutsu from now on."