chapter13

Disclaimer: I own nothing the hunger games will never be mine

Chapter 13: Sleeping fairy

Ppov:

The morning came with a much needed sponsor of medicine. Which helped our wounds and even Rue's skinned knees. We were down to 9 tributes left the careers are basically picking us off . I knew most and maybe that would be worse if I had to kill them but that was the games we are all forced to play.

Delly and Rue were out in the forest and I was looking after our site. I hear Delly scream as I run towards her voice suddenly I'm speared to the ground by Marvel. I fight back with everything throwing punches while trying not to get stabbed by him. Finally I have the advantage as I grab for my own knife in my pocket . I press the blade against his neck "what did you do to her?!" He gives a sickening smile as he struggles to breath. "Your girl is probably dead," he laughs as he says this. My hand went to its own accord as the slit the boys throat I then sprint towards the direction I heard her voice.

Finally I see golden hair tied into a braid. Then I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. She was hunch over holding ... holding Rue my heart sinks as I realize she had a spear impaled into her small fragile body. Something holds me in place where I stand. Delly holds Rue's hand as she struggles to breath.

"Delly do you believe there is a fairy like the one in your story?"

She says it so clearly that you would think she was going to be ok. Tears spill out of her eyes as she waits for a reply. Delly smiles sadly at the girl and says "oh yes I believe in it because I saw her ,she is so beautiful and her voice is magical ," Rue smiles brightly her eyes enchanted "I b.. believe in her too," she chokes out and then its all over. Delly cries as she clings to the now lifeless Rue. She wipes her tears away and now her face looks determined she puts her down gently and starts picking flowers . In the end Rue is surrounded by colorful wild flowers covering her wound and leaving an image forever burned into my mind. "Rue I believed in the fairy because you were her you were the fairy Rue I'm so sorry," Delly walks towards me but before leaving she gives the old gesture.

As we leave I realized 3 canons had gone off leaving Clove,Cato,Thresh,foxface, Delly and I the only remaining tributes left.