chapter19

An: this is my second last and it will be quite short thx for reading xoxo 

Disclaimer: how many times do I have to say I own nothing? Well I own nothing

Chapter19: daisies and untold truths 

Megan's pov

Sitting in the meadow I look over to see Peeta placing a yellow daisy at Adelaine Cartwright's headstone . Luckily everyone respected Peeta enough to not use his dead friend's name during the war. Which he was grateful for he looks up and walks towards me sitting next to me without saying anything. "Sometimes I wish she was still here... Her brother misses her a lot he was only 12 now his what? 15 maybe? He still needs her you know? Sometimes you just need that family... Poor kid lost everything so I decided to take him in but you probably heard that already I just.. he is the only family I have left actually I'd do anything for Dean his a good kid,". Peeta says mostly into space as if thinking out loud "I'm sorry to hear that," I say quickly he nods in acceptance. I honestly didn't want to be this close to Peeta it was quite unnerving. As guilt above all sets in my stomach.

"I need to go meet Katniss got to keep busy it helps... see you around Megan," he then gets up to leave . His eyes still seem to cloud over ever so now and then but he seems to control the "memories" now. Katniss was a wreck at the start but even she is recovering yes we all have scars left behind ,Peeta still has his "memories" katniss has her nightmares, Dean has nothing left but memories of loved ones ,I ... I have guilt eating at me everyday .

"Sweetheart feeling sorry for yourself doesn't help you," a semi sober Haymitch says coming up towards me I wonder how long he had been listening. "What do you want?" I ask slightly irritated by his eavesdropping. "The truth will come out sooner or later Megan," he says my name as if it tasted bad in his mouth. I look towards the sky then back to him. "You and Cinna are the only ones that know, well now its just you so I think my secret is safe," he looks at me disappointed and the guilt plays heavily once again on my mind. "Fine ok I'll do it," I say angrily. Haymitch smirks at my defeat "its about time girl,"