Chapter Sixteen

(Hey another side note! That jacket in the picture above is what you are wearing later in this chapter!, also don't start music till I say so!)

Flashback....
12 years ago.....

You were sitting in a forest, the fire flies making the tree glow with life, you sighed before looking at your father, Kiyoto..

"D-Daddy?" You asked, the aqua lucid colored dragon looked down at you, his blue eyes narrowed as he landed his eyes on you.

"What is it my daughter?" Kiyoto asked, you thought about what you were going to ask but after taking a huge breath you looked at the ground and fiddled with your thumbs.

"I-Um.....W-What is love?"

Kiyoto looked down at you before letting a soft chuckle, his claw reached out and gently touched the side of your cheek.

"Love my child is a feeling that cannot be really explained unless you experience it. For me I've been experiencing the feeling of love since the day I took you in for training, you may be nothing more but a student in reality....but I've accepted you as my own, a daughter that I've always wanted.."

You smiled brightly at Kiyoto, then you realized something...the feeling towards your father was love, not in a romantic way but in a way that you care about him..

"C-Can you feel love with another person besides your family?" You asked. Kiyoto nodded his head.

"Love can be expressed in many ways, the love you feel in your family, friends, and when you finally meet your mate in the future, you'll know if you feel love or not, it develops as you meet them...it also can just appear when you look at your mate for the first time."  Kiyoto explained.

You titled your head slightly as you furrowed your eyebrows together, trying to come up with another question.

"S-S-So....when will I know I've found my mate?"

Kiyoto let out another chuckle before saying in a soft tone.

"You'll know when you feel something in your heart telling you that's the one."

"B-But what If that person turns out not being the one?"  You asked.

"Your heart never lies, if you feel something that indicates in your mind that  person is your mate, is the one...it will be permanent." Kiyoto explained, you nodded and yawned, your eyes drooping.

"Rest (Y/N)...I hope that I had taught you well." Kiyoto said, me gently pulled you close to him, laying next to him you smiled as he laid his head next to you.

And slowly you let yourself fall into a deep sleep.....

flashback ended.....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You were wakened up by someone pushing you in your sleep.

"(Y/N) you need to wake up!" Brooklyn's voice said urgently.

  You groaned before opening your eyes, it was just about dawn. You turned to look at Brooklyn who was packing all of your stuff up and shoving food in your backpack and the books she showed you earlier.

"Brooklyn?....W-What's going on?" You asked nervously, Brooklyn yanked at your feet which made you fall off the bed, landing to the ground with a thump.

"Someone's here....watching my house." Brooklyn said, you rubbed your eyes and quickly stood up, the adrenaline in your body picking up.

"W-What do you mean-"