Chapter 8: Apologies and Explanations

Thank you to everyone who read this and leave such nice comments! This chapter is dedicated to YOU!

(read the Authors Note at the end!)

------------------------------

“Troye… I’m so sorry”, he shook his head. My jaw dropped to the floor. I did not expect that. Not at all. I wanted to respond, but all I could do was stare at him. It was like someone had taped my mouth closed so that I couldn’t say anything. But that wasn’t the only reason to why I didn’t say anything. I didn’t know what to say. I didn’t even know what he was talking about! I quickly closed my mouth again after realizing I probably looked retarded.

“I’m sorry for leading you on and to think that it could be something between us. I’m sorry for not realizing that you don’t like me the way I like you. I’m so sorry for everything!” he blurted out. I swallowed and tried to take in all that he had said. Did he just say that he liked me and that he was sorry for it? I couldn’t believe what was happening! Did he really think I didn’t like him? I continued to stare at him, unable to speak. He sat down on the floor by the door and buried his head in his hands.

“Tyler…” I finally said, taking a step closer to him. I wanted to hold him in my arms. Tell him that I liked him too and make him happy again. He didn’t even look at me when he said;

“It’s okay, Troye, really. Just don’t hate me”.

“Hate you? How could I possibly hate you?” I said, sitting down next to him. I placed a hand on his shoulder and tried to make him look at me. He shrugged and continued to look down at his feet. I sighed and said;

“Tyler look at me”. I didn’t want to see him this way. It made me sad seeing him down. And it was even worse that I was the one causing him this pain. I forced him to look at me, lifting his chin up with my finger. His eyes were filled with tears and that made me tear up as well.

“Why do you think that I don’t like you?” I asked, carefully watching him. Despite the sad mood, he managed to blush. I smiled slightly and wiped away one teardrop that had slid down his chin. He looked away from me when he answered, clearly nervous for my reaction.

“I guess I thought you didn’t like me because… Because you’re such a sweet guy to be with and I guess I didn’t think it would be possible for someone like you to like someone like me.” When he finished, I couldn’t resist it anymore. I pulled him into a hug and held him tightly. He rested his head on my shoulder, which I found very cute. He wrapped his arms around my neck and I felt my shoulder get wet from his tears.

“Are you still crying?” I whispered, smiling slightly. He laughed quietly, his breath tickling my ear.

“Why?” I said, turning my head to face him. He still had his arms wrapped around me so I couldn’t move too much. He shrugged (if that’s even possible when you’re embracing another person), and burrowed his head deeper in my neck.

“I don’t really know” he said, laughing. I laughed with him. We pulled away from each other and smiled.

“You know… I really like you too. Actually, I have had a crush on you for years!” I blurted out. Why did I just say that? He didn’t need to know about my crush on him! I slapped myself mentally. To my surprise, Tyler laughed and kissed my cheek. I blushed and looked down at my hands. He laughed again and forced me to look at him again.

“You don’t know how happy I am right now” he said. I smiled and ran a hand trough my hair. Never had I been so nervous in my life. It felt like everything depended on this very moment. Tyler looked at me and then my lips. He bit his lower lip and looked up into my eyes again. I stared at him. What was he going to do? I had a feeling I knew. The butterflies in my stomach were like race cars. I watched as he slowly began to lean forwards. I did the same thing, and when we were just centimeters away from each other’s lips, a loud knock was heard on the door.