Chapter 5: "I'm right here"

I got up from the sofa and followed the others. I spotted something lavendel and my heart skipped a beat. My breath was suddently uneven and I had to remind myself to breath. I had never in my life been so nervous. I felt my hands began to be sweaty and quickly dried them on my pants. When I came around the corner, I could see him. His hair was perfect as always. I watched as he gave Zoe a hug.

"It's so great to finally see you again!" said Zoe, "you've been so busy the past week, so I thought you might not make it".

Tyler smiled his gorgeous smile.

"Of course, I would never miss such a great oppurtunity to meet so many of my friends!" he said, looking at everyone before his gaze landed on me. God, his eyes. It was like I could stare at them forever. I wanted to. We must've looked at eachother for almost five seconds, when I realized I was staring and quickly looked away.

"You must be Troye Sivan" he said, taking a step closer to me. I looked up back at him and tried to smile.

"That would be me" I said, trying not to stare at his perfect face. He held his hand in front of him and and I took it and shook it.

"You're the one I retweeted, right?" I didn't trust my voice, so I figured I could nod. I probably looked hideous, but he just smiled and then turned around to face the others.

"Well, have you got any food here? I haven't eaten since I left home!" he said, rubbing his belly. I laughed. Tyler was always hungry. One of the many things we had in common.

* * *

"I think Im going to bed, now. I'm tired of all the travelling" said Caspar and Marcus nodded and joined him upstairs. We had been playing with cards and Caspar was losing. I had been looking at Tyler half the time. And I had catched Tyler looking at me too. Whenever I felt his gaze at me, I felt my cheeks burn and he would laugh quietly.

"Of course, Caspar. It's because of the travelling" Zoe sarcastically said while she rolled her eyes at him.

"It is! I always get tired of travelling, right Marcus?"

"Huh? How would I know? Don't bring me into this!" Marcus answered.

They continued arguing before Caspar eventually gave up and stumbled upstairs. We heard his door close before it went silent. We got back into the game and I looked hopelessly on my own cards. I had never liked card games. Mostly because I never won, but that was out of the point.

After two more rounds without any good luck, I kind of gave up and leaned back in the sofa. The others didn't seem to notice, though. They were too busy arguing about something Marcus had done which apparently wasn't allowed. That round went by really slowly and after a while my eyes began closing themselves. I couldn't help it. I fought to keep them open, but it hurt to do so.

Eventually I gave up and let myself drift away in a heavy sleep.

Tyler's POV:

I looked at my own cards and knew I was about to win. I looked at everyone around the table with a grin, making them frown. It was Zoe's turn right now and I was waiting impasiently, knocking a melody on the table with my fingers. Zoe shot a irritated glance at my fingers before sighing and announcing that she had lost.

I smiled, looked one more time at my cards and laid them down in front of everyone.

"How can you possibly win five times in a row?" said Marcus. I smiled at him and shrugged.

"Troye, it's your turn" Zoe said, without looking up from her own cards. When he didn't asnwer, she looked up.

"Troye? I said, looking over at him. He had curled up in the sofa with his cards beside him and wasn't responding. I grabbed the cards and placed them on the table.

"Oh.. Well, we better move him somewhere else, before we wake him" Zoe whispered, "Do you think you could carry him upstairs, Tyler? He's not that heavy".

I nodded and stood up from the sofa. I tried to be gentle to not wake him up when I slipped my hands under him and scooped him up from the sofa. Zoe was right, he wasn't heavy at all. I carried him up the stairs easily and into his room. While in my arms, he snuggled closer to my chest and began talking in his sleep.

"mmm... cards games... stupid..." he mumbled sleepily. His voice was so low I had to lean in to hear what he said. I laughed quietly.

I had walked all the way upstairs and a long way down the corridor, before I remembered something. Something very important. I didn't know which one was Troye's room. I sighed and looked for a place to dump him down temporary. I spotted a small couch in one corner and walked over to it. I placed him down gently, making sure not to wake him up. I sure hoped he was a heavy sleeper.

I sighed and walked into the first room, hoping I was lucky. No one had had time to unpack from their bags, so the rooms were all similar, but with different bags with different contents. I sighed once again and began opening the bag in this room.

The first thing I spotted was a white bra with pink dots. I immediatly felt uncomfortable looking in these bags. I quickly closed the bag again and made sure it looked like it hadn't been touched, before I left the room and closed the door.

I glanced at Troye in fear that he might have woken up, but was relieved to see that he was still unconsious. I opened up the door to the second room and crossed my fingers that this was the one.

I walked over to the bed where a brown bag had been placed. I unzipped it and the first thing I saw was a t-shirt along with many black socks. I lifted the t-shirt up and examined it closely. I looked at the size and, yes, I know this was really creepy, I smelled it. I remembered how Troye had smelled like when I carried him upstairs and recognized the scent. It was a sweet scent, nothing too much or strong. Almost like vanilla, but a little more manlier in a way.

I decided this had to be his room and was about to close his bag, when I spotted something. It was placed under the socks, using them as a protection. I lifted it up and smiled when I realized what it was. It was a picture of what seemed like a slightly younger Troye and his family. He was wearing a striped t-shirt and some black jeans. I smiled again before placing it back in the bag.

I lifted the bag down from the bed before I brought Troye back in his room. I placed him gently in his bed and tucked a blanket over him. Then I quietly sat down on the side of the bed.

I watched as he grabbed the blanket and pulled it up to his neck. I admired the way his face looked when he was sleeping. He didn't have a doublechin, like I normally did, and he didn't look like he was in some kind of a coma, like I did. How did he do that? When I was sleeping, I looked like I was drugged or dead. Or maybe both.

He had his mouth slightly open and he had placed his hand under his face as a pillow. He was cute. Then I began thinking. How old was Troye? Eighteen? He would never think of me that way when I was six years older than him. He would probably be weirded out and would refuse to even talk to me. Oh God, I probably would look like some kind of a pedophile. I looked down at him again, and my thoughts disappeared.

My hand slowly reached out and touched his chin. I touched his jaw and let my hand explore his cheekbones, caressing his face. I stroke my hand up and down his chin lightly, making sure I didn't wake him up.

"Tyler.." he said, still asleep. My heart skipped a beat. Did he say my name? Or were I hearing things now? He definitely said my name! But why would he say my name? I stopped caressing his face and placed my hand lightly to his chin. My eyes widened as he rolled over and grabbed my hand, still asleep. I managed to smile.

"Tyler.." he said. He sounded scared.

"I'm here" I whispered. "I'm right here".