Chapter 15: Have you tried calling?

After the fourth hour sitting in the car, listening to Nicholas and Zoe’s small talks, Nicholas slowed down and stopped. I opened up my eyes and looked out of the window. We had stopped right in front of a gas station. Right in front of the front door. Blocking the door.

“Nicholas. You can’t park here. You’re blocking the door” I mumbled. I was too tired to be convincing. It didn’t matter anyway because either he didn’t hear me or he didn’t bother to answer. He just observed the station for a while before turning to a confused Zoe.

“Could you go inside and buy me a coffee?” he asked her. I flipped. He could most certainly do that himself! He didn’t have to have Zoe do it for him! He was acting like a douche bag.

“You don’t have to do that, Zoe. He can do it himself” I said flatly, letting him know that I was annoyed with him. He didn’t seem to take notice, though.

“Could you please, Zoe? I need a coffee” he continued. I rolled my eyes and sighed dramatically.

“Of course! I’ll be back in a minute!” she said, smiling from ear to ear. She jumped out of the car and closed the door. I watched as she half walked, half danced to the entrance. I closed my eyes. I’d given up by now. He was a hopeless case. I was just hoping this trip wasn’t going to be much longer.

“Troye. Come sit in the passenger seat” Nicholas suddently said. I opened up my eyes and glanced at him. He was turned in his seat to face me. He had a small smile plastered on his lips, making me want to throw up. I shook my head and went back to leaning my head against the window.

“Oh come on!” he said. I could tell he really wanted me to move seats, which was why I would never do it. I wouldn’t let him have it his way.

“I’m fine here, thank you” I said, way to politely for me to be speaking to him. I watched him as he nodded and turned around in his seat, no longer facing me. I sighed quietly and closed my eyes. A second later I heard a door open up.

I thought it was Zoe who was coming back with the coffee, but I was wrong. My door was thrown up, causing me to lose my balance for a bit. My seat belt was taken off and then a couple of strong arms took a hold around my body and lifted me brutally up from my seat.

“Hey! Let me down!” I screamed. I looked around the station, looking for someone who could help me. The station was empty. I stared up at Nicholas who was now carrying me around the car to the passenger seat.

“I swear to god, Nicholas! Let me down, right now!” I said, my voice shaking with anger. I couldn’t believe he was doing this! What kind of a person was he? A kidnapper? I defiantly didn’t hope so! I tried to kick him with my foot, but then he just grabbed me tighter.

Nicholas opened up the door with one of his hands and threw me into the seat. After turning on the children lock, he slammed the door shut. I grabbed the door handle and shook it in frustration. I let out a growl and slammed my hand across the window.

Nicholas opened the door to the driver seat and sat down. He seemed calm and not at all affected by what he had done. I just sat there and stared at him. I was sure I was red in the face by now, but I didn’t care. I was both afraid and angry. Mostly angry.

“Why the hell did you do that!?” I shouted. He turned his head towards me and smiled. I couldn’t believe my own eyes. Now I was getting a little scared. This man was crazy!

After realizing I wasn’t going to get an answer, I looked out of the window. I watched as Zoe walked through the doors and headed for our direction. I sighed in relief that I wasn’t going to spend much more time together with Nicholas alone.