Chapter Five

On Saturday, Cynthia helped Kelly dress and fed her a hearty meal of pancakes and eggs with bacon on the side and, as usual, a tall glass of orange juice.

Kelly had been well behaved the remainder of the week for fear of being sent back into the basement to smell Samantha rotting and fight with her own thoughts again.

After eating and dressing, Kelly held out her wrist to be handcuffed to Cynthia again as Cynthia led her to the living room where Paul would examine her and quiz her on the basics before they began the long drive to the auction.

"My darling girl, you look ravishing. Give us a turn."

Kelly spun in a circle, lifting her hand-cuffed hand over her head so as not to get twisted up, then stood, hands at her sides, standing up straight and awaiting further instructions.

"Good, good. Cynthia, dear, you can cuff her hand to the bannister and leave if you'd like. No need for you to be here for the nitty gritty details."

"Yes, sir," Cynthia replied with a smile, doing as she was asked and placing a kiss on Paul's cheek before leaving the room.

"Perfect," Paul said again, his voice sounding like a quiet purr as he said it. "Now," he said louder, "What are the rules?"

Kelly stared into Paul's eyes, hatred burning behind them, but compliance showing toward Paul out of utter fear, "Rule one, obedience. Rule two, Tidiness. Rule three, Don't run. Rule four, address my masters as sir and ma'am. Rule five, don't call the police. Rule six, don't count the windows."

"Very good," Paul said, smiling in approval, "What have you learned about behaving in public?"

"Not to speak unless spoke to by my master or mistress. Also never to run, because I will be destroyed inside and out if I do."

"Good, good," Paul coo-ed, "Now I'm going to move the other cuff to your right hand and you will show me how to walk and sit like a lady."

"Yes, sir," Kelly replied robotically.

After doing as he said he would, Kelly showed Paul her walk and then sat in the chair opposite the room, crossing her legs and resting her hands on her knee.

"Wonderful, my dear. Even after losing a day of work, you still made amazing progress. I'm sure whomever receives you will be very grateful indeed. Now, what do you say to me for helping you learn how to be ladylike?"

"Thank you, Master Paul. You have taught me well and I long to serve you as long as you should choose to keep me."

Paul clapped and cheered with joy, "She's perfect, Cynthia! We've done it again! Oh, I'm so excited. My dear, come here, come here."

Cynthia entered the room as if she'd simply been waiting directly outside it to be called back in, "Yes, dear husband?"

"I want you to go to the store and buy the best champagne you can find. Only the best, mind you. We're celebrating tonight after the auction. Make a good meal, as well. I'll be famished by the time I get home."

"Yes, Paul, my dear," she answered, kissing his cheek again before starting to leave.

"One more thing, Cynthia," he said, holding her hand in his, gently kissing it, "Wear something nice when you serve dinner."

Cynthia smiled, "As you wish, my dear."

Kelly stood, watching the interaction and holding back the bile that rose in her throat. She could see in Cynthia's mannerisms that she was nothing but robotic after being stuck with Paul all these years. She wondered who Cynthia was before she was brainwashed and hoped she'd never get that bad.

"One last thing before we leave," Paul said, addressing Kelly again, "When we get in the car, I'm going to give you a drink and you are to drink it all before we leave. I can't have you learning where we're going, now can I? It's just rules of the auction, my dear, nothing personal."

"I understand, sir," Kelly replied, "You must do what you are told, as I am."

Paul nodded, walking forward to gripthe chain between Kelly's hands to lead her to the garage where he put her inthe passenger seat and gave her a glass of a colorless liquid. Kelly knew itwas the same liquid from the party and prepared herself to black out at anymoment after drinking it.G<>