Chapter 6: No Longer a Killer

Once the wave rider docked in Washington DC, Rip gathered the team to explain a few things. "Sara and Kendra will go to retrieve the document.." He finished. Sara went to go get dressed to play her part as a security guard at the Pentagon then follows Kendra, Leonard, Mick and Ray out of the wave rider and towards the building.

Once Sara had seen the signal for her and Kendra to enter from Leonard, she smoothly stepped into the building following some of the other security guards who had happened to walk past them at that time. She and Kendra made their way toward Leonard and Ray who had dressed as janitors to blend in. As Sara walked past Leonard, he handed her the card to open the door the file was placed in.

Once Sara got to the place, she noticed that the security cameras were lurking around. "We need a distraction." She said into the microphone. "On it.." Mick's gruff voice said. Pretty soon, Sara heard the commotion of a fight break out. Taking that as their sign to hurry, Sara swiped the key to open the door and made her way inside to look through for the documents. "I found it." Sara heard Kendra's voice speaking. Sara walked over to look at the file. She was about to speak when they heard someone's voice at the door. "Are you two supposed to be here?"

Sara quickly jolted her head up. "Get out of there right now!" She heard Rip's voice say into the microphone. "Retreat to the wave rider right now!" He said with a worried expression in his voice. Sara tried to think of any excuse but she couldn't. She grabbed Kendra's hand signaling for her to run. However, the security guard was quick and stopped them. Sara was able to be quick enough to grab a hold of him but he was stronger. "Kendra go! I got this!" She yelled. But for some reason, something in Kendra seemed to snap. Before Sara could even start anything and attack the guard, Kendra let her wings spread and went in for the attack. "Sara! Get Kendra out of there now!" Sara had stood in a bit of a shock at Kendra's sudden reaction. She had no idea what had made Kendra snap to attack like that, and only went to go grab Kendra away from the man when she heard Rip's voice.

Once they retrieved back to the wave rider, Kendra had calmed down somewhat. "What the hell happened back there?" Rip asked with a growl to his voice. Not knowing why, Leonard watching the minor argument, suddenly felt over protective of Sara and stepped in. "Hey.. They did what they could alright?.." Sara looked at Leo a little surprise at his sudden involvement. "What counts is.. We got the document." Sara said slamming the files down on the table. She gave a cold glare to Rip before storming down the halls to her quarters.

Rip placed both his hands on the table leaning over the table to look at the document containing information on Vandal Savage. "Sara wasn't the one out of control." Leonard hissed. "Perhaps Kendra should be the one you should be talking to." Rip sighed a little looking over at Leonard. "I'll go check on Sara." Leonard shook his head. "I'll go.." Leonard left and made his way to Sara's quarters knocking on the door.

Sara had been pacing back and forth. She could feel the blood lust starting to rage through her. It had taken every ounce of her not to pounce on Rip. "Come in!" She hissed. Leonard opened the doors seeing Sara looking quite frazzled. He slowly goes over to her and gently places his hand on her arm. "You shouldn't let Rip get to you." Sara stopped pacing, calming down slightly as she felt Leonard's hand touch her arm. She turned slightly to look at him and took a deep breath. "I don't." She muttered. Leonard raises his eye slightly but didn't say anything. He didn't want to get her more frazzled.

Sara sighed a little. "I wanted to kill him.." Leonard smirked a little. "I wouldn't blame you for that. I'm sure it will be awhile before Rip gets the documents read to see where Savage is next. How about that rematch of poker?" Sara smiled a little. She still wasn't sure that she liked Leonard. She didn't like his way of life. Though they were quite similar. There was one thing different. Sara didn't choose it and she didn't want to become this person. She of course knew Leonard didn't choose the thief life either. But he also wasn't doing anything to change to make his life better. Like she wanted to do. "I guess it couldn't hurt."