Memories

(Yes I drew the picture ~ kana)

I let the feelings sink in and dropped to my bed sobbing. I had every reason to be scared, angry, confused and nervous forcing me to be a big ball of depression. I stared across my bed at the picture that stared in my direction. Forcing more tears.
There stood a young six-year-old Nova with a boy she hardly could remember anymore, he was tall, nice, had the prettiest hazel eyes and dark red hair just like hers. There was an eleven year age difference but he was the best big brother anyone could ever have.

It's been ten years

I sat up and stared at my reflection. My hair had grown longer, I grew significantly bigger, but my freckles stayed and my amber eyes still shined brightly. I smiled for a second.

He'd be happy

I watched as my smile turned to a frown. I laid back on my bed feeling the mist rise. It was so soothing my pains faded and my eyes fluttered shut.

Waking up to a banging on my door did not put me in the highest mood. It was probably later in the day. I opened my door expecting to find Mell but instead, a little girl stood there. Her eyes were a teal color and her strawberry blond hair was pulled up into two symmetric pigtails.

Why is there a child on a military base?and why is it in this house?

"Hi, I'm here to tell you dinners ready"

I stared at her as she skipped through the hallway and down the steps. I trailed behind. When I finally reached the railing I heard at least four people laughing and talking. I walking into the dining room and there sat Mell, a quiet Xander, the mysterious little girl, and four other unknown people. I blinked for a second and counted them up.

Seven

They're all here.

I stood in the doorway until Mell noticed me. She jumped out of her chair and grabbed me by the shoulder pulling me close.

"Ehm. Everybody this is Nova Pierce. She's our number eight" giving them a quick wink.

Everybody was quiet for a while then Mell shot them a violent glare. And they all greeted me like it never happened.

"Come on sit down, deary"

Deary?

I sat down as I was told across from a kid listening to music and beside a girl who seemed very ignorant.

"Sooo, let's all introduce ourselves, " mell said slapping both her hands together breaking the silence.

"You already know me and Xander, so let's start with Paige"

A girl with dirty blond hair and brown eyes jumped out of her seat " Paige Adams, number three, plant control, and Poisson"
She sat down immediately.

Then the kid that was listening to music stood up slowly, he had brown hair and eyes. "*Sigh* Jake Walter, four, animals and telepathy" then he dropped to his seat and continued on being a total douche.

Then the little girl dropped to the ground but she was too short so she had to stand on her chair. "Abby Copper, number five, strength" she grabbed at her arm showing her nonexistent muscles" I slightly giggled but tried holding it together.

Then the ignorant girl stood up like everybody was waiting on just her. She flipped her dark brown hair like you should only see in movies "I am Rosaline Brooks, number six and my ability is shape shifting" then she sat back down like she was expecting a round of applause.

And then a kid just around my age with olive skin, pitch black hair, and dark green eyes stood. He looked around the table nervously. "Axle Hart, um number seven and um gravity and um electricity" then he shot down without another word.

I suddenly could feel the tension on me. I stood up slowly glancing at everybody's curious faces.

Oh god

"I'm Nova Pierce and I am Number eight and my uh abilities are Fire and Wind"