unexpected respect

Everyone sat around the fire. Sparks of light lit up our faces. We had gone deep into the cave to keep as much light as possible from escaping. The darkness covered each end of the tunnel. It was quiet if you didnt count the occasional sigh or cracking of charring wood.

Hours passed and nearly everyone was huddled in this big ball. I smiled.

We hardly know each other

The only people awake was me and xander. He stared at the fire while i stared at him. Eventually he looked up awkwardly and we just kind of sat there watching each other.

"Soooo you and my brother were friends" i tried breaking the silence, he only nodded. And so the weird stare down continued.

Eventually he looked around skeptically and stood up. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a glossy piece of paper. He leaned over the small fire and handed it to me. I looked at him quizzically but then realized.

My picture, the one i left in my room, when did he?how did he?

I jumped up and threw my arms around his waist. I was standing in the fire but i didnt care i was far to happy. He stumbled back a little in suprise.

"Thank you"

"Your welcome"

He had such a soft voice. He really was a nice guy. I let go of him and dropped back down as did he. Xander poked at the fire a little bit then looked back up at me.

"You should go to sleep"

I just nodded then shoved the picture into my jacket pocket. I laid my head on the ground.

They truely are nice people i understand why Nathan choose them.

I closed my eyes and was entrapped into a deep sleep.