Chapter 21

By the time we reached my house, I had made up my mind.

I would leave in the morning.

Everyone else had somehow found their own way into my house so Robin and I were the last to show up. The smell of pizza and the sound of loud music greeted me as soon as I opened my door. Almost immediately I felt guilty for my decision. I could only imagine how mad they would be when they found out that I was gone.

It would be like World War 3. Molly would organize a search to find me and Noah would just be incredibly pissed. With a team like that, they could probably destroy the world one day.

You're giving yourself too much importance. They'll probably be relieved that you're gone. They can get back to their normal lives. Robin will pursue his dream of starting a band. Molly and Scarlet will probably get married. Noah won't have to be so pissed all the time.

As soon as I walked into my living room, where everyone was doing a karaoke session of what sounded like melanie martinez. Though I couldn't really tell because with all of the laughter, it sounded a bit like selena gomez.

As soon as Noah caught sight of me, he immediately stood up and walked over to me. I tried to calm my breathing. Noah was a very perceptive person. If he noticed even a hitch in my breath when I told him, he would know something was up.

I tried to think of something that would appease everyone. I need to come up with an excuse. Something that would completely throw them off my path. As Noah came within talking distance of me, I asked him to excuse me for a minute and then promptly locked myself in my bedroom. I paced up and down my room for what felt like hours.

I was repeating the words 'what do I do' in my head like some sort of mantra. I guess some idea would just come to me if I kept repeating those words. I sat down at my desk and rested my head on the table.

I scratched the back of my neck and tried looking around my room. Books. Pictures. Razors. Phone. Music. Clock. The time was about 8, which meant that I had been in my room for 15 minutes. I heard a loud banging coming from the other side of my door.

"Hey.. you ok?" to my surprise it was Noah. I glanced randomly at my thermostat which was beside the door.

That's it! I'm such a freaking genius.

I mustered up as much saliva in my mouth and let out a hacking cough.

"No.. I think I'm sick.." I proceeded to rush to my bathroom and make lots of fake gagging and retching noises. Honestly, the sounds were so nasty I almost actually threw up. That would have been the icing on the cake.

"Uh huh... can I come in?"

Typical. He was going to come in and see right through my lie. Shit shit shit. My heart was beating so fast that it could have torn through my chest and my skin. My mind was racing. The only option I could see was to make myself throw up.This wouldn't have been the first time anyways. Is it really worth it?

Jess will always be worth it.

"Yeah.. get a paperclip and pick the lock I can't make it to the door."

I shoved two fingers down my throat and sat down in front of the toilet seat. I gagged and all of my food from the past day made a surprise appearance. I was an ass and forgot to pull the cover up. I ended up throwing up all over my shirt and the floor.

It's going to take forever to clean all this up. The taste of vomit lingered and no matter how many times I rinsed my mouth out, I couldn't get rid of it. I wiped my mouth on a towel and walked out of the bathroom. On my way out the door, I caught sight of claw marks on the door frame. I still remembered how those got there and the exact day it happened.