Chapter 6

You and Jacob laughed almost the whole trip to the train hideout. It was a bloody brilliant plan you have got there and after you had put down Dr. Elliotson you hurried out of the asylum with a dozen of men after you. You convinced Jacob not to kill them but simply run and you ended up in the other end of inner London than planned. Those idiots only got to see your backs.

"That was almost too perfect." You said again and landed on top of a building close to the railway. The train would be there any minute.

"I think we are doing quite good together, if you ask me." Jacob said and winked at you when he landed next to you. You rolled your eyes and squatted to rest for a bit. You would not go that far to say that you were the optimal working partners but you had to admit that the last two assassinations with Jacob had been a lot of fun. If you told such things to a stranger on the street, they would think you were mad, so you shook the thought away again. You heard the howling of the train nearby so you got up to get ready to jump when you noticed Jacob looking at you with a smirk.

"What?" You asked him, suddenly aware that your hair could not look great anymore and maybe you had a mixture of blood and mud in your face.

"Nothing really." He said and adjusted his top hat before he jump down from the roof and onto the train that you forgot about for a second. You quickly jump on as well and crawled down into the wagon you had landed on. You had hit the bar wagon and a few Rooks was sat aiming your way with their guns. You held your hand in the air.

"It's just me. Don't worry."

"You never know ey. Could have been anyone hitting the roof!" A tough looking Rook with a top hat said and chuckled.

"It's nice to know that you are ready to aim even with booze in your blood." You said and walked out of the wagon before they decided to drag you down with them.

When you joined the front wagon, Jacob was already halfway through the story of how you ended the era of Dr Elliotson and Evie looked kind of questioning while Henry looked impressed by what he heard.

"...And then I slit his throat." Jacob finished and swung his fist with the hidden blade in the air to illustrate what he did at the asylum. You stood up against the wall with your arms crossed to watch the whole scene being reconstructed.

"That sounds very impressive. And now we are one Templar shorter." Henry said and patted Jacob on the back.

"A bit too impressive to be an idea you came up with, brother. I suspect y/n was the mind behind it?" Evie looked at you.

"Well I took the chance and made him play dead. It was the most enjoyable time. I think he was silent for almost 5 minutes!" You joked which made Jacob huff.

____________________________________________________

After another day rehearsing The Lights o' London, Mary had told you about this market down in Coven Garden which wasn't too far away from the theatre. You had to insist to Wilson that you could go on your own and you didn't need a strong man to accompany you. It felt weird to wear the dress and corsage again. You have had quite a time with to Rooks in your assassin gear, so even though you were wearing one of your best purple dresses, you had to admit that you felt kind of trapped. Along with the high heels you must have been looking like a goose waddling down the street.

"It's the best market in London, I tell you. They only sell freshest fruit here. I have heard they have oranges this time of year." Mary said excitingly. She looked like a real lady comparing to you, you thought. She was wearing a blue dress with a little cleavage showing and she was lifting a little up in her dress, so it would not get dirty. That was already too late for you, so you didn't really bother at that point.