Chapter 11

You felt terrible when you woke up the next day. You were a bit disorientated when you remembered that you were in Mary's guestroom. It was big and bright with high lofts and tasteful décor. Shortly after you awoke there was a knock on the door.

"Come in?" You said a bit questioning, because if it was Mary that knocked she would just walk in, it being her house. So who could it be? The moment after a female servant stood in front of your bed and curtsied.

"Miss Ormsby told me to wake you up, miss y/l/n. She told me you had to go to the theatre first thing in the morning." She said with a bowed head. You were still impressed by the fact that Mary actually owned servants. There was one there greeting them the second you got home the day before and another one who took your coat. Mary told that it was her older brother that provided for her in this big city house. The job as an actress didn't give enough and you could agree to that. But the fact that you had moved into the train hideout meant that rent wasn't something on your bill and the money really just came to you.

The thought of the train hideout also made you think about Jacob and that pains you. You still couldn't believe that the moment you let him in and steal your heart, he break it so shortly after. You just stood there, while the servant helped you in your clothes like Mary had instructed her. You were glad she was there and she actually managed to put the corsage on you in a manner, that it felt somehow comfortable.

"Look at you. You look much better today." Mary commented when you stepped into the dining room where you should join her for breakfast.

"I don't really feel better, but thanks for the compliment." You said trying to smile.

"Well the sleep looks like it was good for you then, hunny. Eat up and forget about that horrible man. He wasn't worth even a second of your time anyway!" And with that said, she took a bite of a tea bun and was unable to speak further. You told yourself that what she said was true.

--------------------

You took her carriage to the theatre and went backstage immediately to change into your costume dress. That was a single thing that could make you smile; the sight of the beautiful dress with the soft silky fabric. You stepped over to the mirror to admire yourself for a moment and even spun around to see it from all the angles.

"Look at that smile on your lips. There is nothing like a good piece of fabric to cheer a woman up. Fashion really is the best friend." Said Mary and gave you a quick hug before she took your place in front of the mirror to see if everything was perfect.

"Actors to the stage!" Yelled the director and you took Marys hand and went onto the stage with the rest of the crew. One of your colleagues was in a heated debate with the director when you got in there, so you stood back and wait. Wilson hurried up to you and Mary with a concerned look.

"What is happening?" You asked him, when you saw his distressed expression.

"He doesn't like that someone is watching the rehearsals before the premier night, but the men is only here for our protection. On another note, how are you today miss y/l/n?" Wilson said smiling under that thick moustache of his. Did they really hire more security guards because of Jacob? He really was a pain in the arse to more than just you.

"I'm fine. I'm sorry I made such a scene yesterday. I was just a little down by the news of... that man." You explained and bowed your head a little, so he couldn't see the pain in your face, even though you were trained to push the emotions away and do your job as an assassin. This was just some emotions you never thought you would even feel and you weren't quite sure how to handle it all yet. It was like running around others all natural.