Chapter 16.

I was just on my way to my third class of the day. I haven't seen the new guy who gives me the tingels and not the warm and fuzzy ones Colton gives to me. I may not of seen him, but I sure have heard about him. It seemed everyone was whispering and talking about the new guy. There's been talk about him getting kicked out of his last four schools. Apparently he's a mysterious, sexy bad boy.

As the day went on its all everyone seemed to talk about. Especially the girls. Even the girls from my pack have seemed to take notice. Which was making the males in my pack on edge. I heard Nathan a wear talking with other males from the pack about how it wasn't "right" for the females lusting after a human. Like it was such a horrendous act for a wearwolf to be interested in a human. A bunch of the other guys agreed.

I always knew that was how most wears thought, but it didn't stop from putting me into a terrible mood. It was because of such thinking that Colton planed on rejecting me. How was I supposed to convince him that we were meant to be together when that was what I had to go up aginst? After hearing most of the guys going on about how it was "wrong" a part of me couldn't really blame him for his decision to reject me. Sure he didn't know I wasn't exactly human, but that didn't matter much because I still did not have a wolf. I was still different.

He was going to be the alpha. He needed a strong and capable mate who his pack could believe in. He couldn't lead his pack when he was constantly defending his mate from his own pack. A good Strong pack couldn't run like that. The pack and being alpha meant everything to Colton. It was his birthright. What he was born to be. I couldn't ask him to give up all of that for me. He would just grow to resent me.

My mind seemed to be made up. When Colton finally rejected me I'd except it. It would hurt more then anything I've every felt, but I would still except it. I was putting Colton's feeling before mine. Just the way a mate would do. Even though my mind said it was the right thing to do, my heart disagreed, but this wasn't about my heart it was about Colton's. Being a good mate sucked big time. I wanted to be selfish and say I didn't care about Colton not being able to become alpha and I wanted to say screw the pack because they never cared about me, but I couldn't.

This pack has always been my home. It's Danny's home and my siblings home. It's my father's home. Bata Brax and my brother and sisters might not care about me, but I still care for them. They are the only family I got and I just couldn't do that to them. My mind was made up I was going to sacrifice my happiness for people who didn't care about me and Danny of course. I tried to push the hurt I suddenly felt down. I couldn't brake down right now and I would in fact brake down just not here. I might as well get used to the hurt. I'll live with it for the rest of my life.

I wonder what will happen to me when Colton rejects me. I don't have a wolf so will I keep my sanity? I wasn't sure what would happen, but just accepting it made something inside me brake. Like a piece of me was lost. Whatever it was I felt like I couldn't live without it. That I didn't want to live without it. Was death my fate? "No!" Rang out in my head making it feel as if my brain vibrated aginst my skull. It made me drop my books as I tried to hold my head together.

I wasn't sure what just happened, but I was afraid it wasn't my thoughts. I've talked to Danny in my head before. What if he had heard my thoughts and now knows about my plan to give up my happiness for everyone else's? Danny would be upset if he thought I was sacrificing my happiness for his. I just couldn't have Danny upset with me. Not at a time like this. "Are you okay?" The deep voice seemed to gingel without it taking away from it sounding masculine at the same time.

I turned toward the voice and looked up. Way up. The guy who spoke was tall. Really tall and I grew up with wearwolves who are known to hit six foot by the time they were fourteen, that's not the males either, but this guy had to be at least seven foot tall. My eyes felt as if they were gonna fall out of my head with how large they had gotten when I realized who it was that spoke. It was the new guy and he didn't look happy judging by the frown he wore. When I took a step back his frown deepened.

I don't know why, but I had the urge to run. Like I just been spotted by someone who shouldn't of. The tingels were back full force now. "Geez a little sooner on the warning next time would of been nice." I thought to myself. He seemed to know what I planed. "You should know I like the chase." He spoke sounding amused. I don't know what was funny about this all, but I did know one thing my feeling from the first time I seen the new guy was right. He is not human. I just didn't know what exactly he was.

Was he dangerous? If so I had to warn my pack, but how was I supposed to warn them that the seemingly human new kid isn't in fact human when they thought I was human as well? Looking around I knew what I needed to do. I needed to get to Danny, but how could I when his class was on the other side of the school? His taunting smile deepened as if he knew this was about to be fun. Fun? Yeah right.