Chapter 18.

To say I was confused would be an understatement. I would of bet my life savings, which wasn't much, but I still would of bet it that just seconds ago I was talking to the new guy. With a second look around I wasn't so sure. All I knew was all the looking, moving my head from left and right was making my head spin and my stomach roll.

Attempting to lean forward to put my head between my legs was not a smart thing to do. Next thing I knew I was going down and I could not stop it even though I tried. It seemed my movements were slow as if I was trudging through mud. I would have face planted the ground if it wasn't for strong hands catching me just before. They lifted me to a standing position, but the movement was to fast for my swimming head. Shoving from the person who held me wasn't easy seeing as they seemed to be super strong, but they released me as soon as the gaging began. I was suddenly thankful for my mostly empty stomach. Well that was untill I realized that horrible sound of dry heaving was definitely me. It was harsh making my throat feel scraped raw yet I couldn't stop.

"Shh... don't cry, jut let it go and you'll feel better." I knew that soothing voice, Colton. As if a tiny bit of the fag cleared from my head I could feel the tingels only Colton could give me. He held on to me the whole time while I got sick and bless his heart for it because I know I would of ended up smashing down into it. My stomach started to finally settle down and I felt so embarrassed. Every soothing word and touch warmed my heart and it also warmed my face because while I was trying to hold my organs inside of myself (at least that's what it felt like) I couldn't of looked to great. I could just guess how terrible I looked. I understood Colton and I wouldn't work out, but that didn't mean I wanted to look like crap in front of him either. The whole "make him see what he's missing" stuff you know.

"I'm fine." I tried to push him away determined to stand on my own. I didn't need him to see me as weaker then he already did. Apparently moving my head to much still wasn't such a good idea and I stumbled a bit making Colton reach out for me again. "I'm fine really." I said more rudely then I intend. At first a look of hurt crossed his face before one of pure anger took over. "Who. Did. That?" His voice was low, almost a wisper, yet there was no mistaking the anger in each word that was spoke. At first I didn't know what he was talking about and he must of took it as I just didn't want to answer as he let out a warning growl. When he kept looking at my forehead as if I had something there I reach up to wipe whatever it was off and the moment I did I was rewarded with a sharp pain the spread through my skull.

Well it was official I wasn't crazy, the new kid was in fact here and he made me hit my head. Not that I could tell Colton that. There would be to many questions I couldn't answer without having to tell my own secret. "I'm not sure." Maybe it was the sound of my voice that seemed to sound off or maybe it was the mate bond, but he seemed to believe me. He still looked angry just more controlled now. He took a look around just like I did only much slower. A predator looking for sign of any threat. When he finally saw and felt nothing was there he turned back to me. "How are you feeling?" He said as examined my head with light fingers. The tingels he gave me the moment his skin touched mine overriding the pain in my head. I had to cover up the content sigh I let slip with a cough. Though from the smile he had I'm sure he knew what I tried to do. I blame my smoothness on the head injury.

"I'm fine." When he didn't look convinced I added "Fine I feel like shit. Is that better?" He let his hand fall away from me. I knew I was being rude when he was showing me concern, but his concern just made me even more upset. The nicer he was to me the more I wanted things I knew I couldn't have. Like my mate. "We should get you to the nurse." My head was still hurting, but was beginning to clear more and more. I didn't want to deal with more people and more questions I'd have to lie about. "No I just want to go home." When he looked like he was gonna argue with me I crossed my arms and prepared to do just that. After a stare off I knew I shouldn't even be doing with a werewolf let alone a soon to be alpha he finally said "Fine I'll take you."

This time I was ready to argue with him. As much as I wanted him to be there I also didn't because the way I wanted him there he wouldn't be. I wanted him to be there to take care of me because he cared about me and I was his mate. Not beacuse he felt guilty he was going to reject me or felt obligated to. "I can just have Danny take me." Just like that he was back to looking like he'd rip something or someone to shreds. Not wanting it to be Danny I gave in with a frustrated "fine." After almost tripping once he made me let him carry me. Not that I didn't try protest. He carried me bridal style with my head on his chest. As much as I want to say it was due to my head injury I can't. It was soothing to just listen to Colton's heartbeat. That was untill I had to choke back tears. Our heartbeats matched. As awfully cliche as it sounds they beaten as one.

When we got home I expected him to leave, but he didn't. He insisted on carrying me again and this time I bearly even put up a fight. He carried me to my room and set me on the bed. "Uh thanks. You know for everything." I suddenly felt awkward. With a nod of his head he walked to the door, but still he didn't leave. Closing the door he walked back to my bed and started to take off his shoes. "What are you doing." He didn't really plan on staying did he? He ignored me and continued to take off his shirt. Oh my, any word I was going to say instantly dried up in my mouth. All I could do was stare. He was built like a man straight out of my wildest fantasies. I've seen Colton with his shirt off before, but seeing has never made me feel like this. Suddenly I felt to close to him and yet not close enough. "Are you gonna just keep staring at me or are we gonna lay down?" He asked with a raised brow. Part of me wanted to ask him to leave and the other part wanted me to ask him to stay forever. Knowing we didn't have forever I laid down next to Colton, my mate. The mate I had just got, but soon would have to let go.