Chapter 4.

School seemed to be going just as it did every other day. While Danny was my only friend in the pack I did have a few human friends at school. A few of the "average" kids. You know they aren't popular really but not the nerds either.

There was Crissy, Paul and Harper. I felt I fit in more with my average human friends then I did with anyone in the pack besides Danny. Although at times even with Danny I felt like an outsider. Like any time I was reminded that he was a wolf and I wasn't.

It was never intentionally on Danny's part or anything it just well was true. As close as Danny and I was there was never a doubt we were different. Even though that fact he still loved me and that just made me love him even more. Danny was family and I've always been greatful to have him.

All my friends greeted me and wished me a happy birthday. Making plans to go to get ice cream after school. "My treat for the birthday girl." Paul said. How could I pass up free ice cream and spending time with my friends so of course I agreed.

All day I tried to remind myself to stay out of Colton's way if he was gonna be in a bad mood today.  I had almost every class with him so I figured it would be a challenge but I never seemed to see him. "Good" I though.

A few times I smelled that intoxicating smell from my room this morning but when I tried to find it it seemed to lead to nothing. I was confused and felt more off then I ever have. Maybe I was getting sick. I've never really been sick before but I'm human so it's possible right?

Due to the fact I am human and can't communicate through mind link like the rest of the wolves Danny has to text me. He said he had a pack thing to look to but would meet me at lunch as soon as he could. Just another reminder I don't belong.

I had to stay and talk to a teacher about an assignment so I told my friends I would meet them there.  I was walking in the empty hall when I smelled the sweet smell of the forest on a rainy day. It had me following it. Trying to find the source of the smell.

I turned the corner to find that source. It was none other then soon to be alpha Colton Reed. I was shocked and made gasping noise that had Colton spinning around as if he didn't hear me approaching. It was a deja vu feeling. Two wolf who didn't hear me coming was a laughable though.

But the moment Colton's eyes connected with mine any laugh I had dried up. His eyes turned pitch black and a growl rumbled his chest. With in a moment I was being pressed up against a wall by him. His hard body pressed right up against mine.

I felt sparks shoot through my body anywhere he touched me. "mine" He breath against my neck. I was shocked to say the least. This couldn't be happening. I seen it happen many times when two wolves found each other. Their mate. But I was no wolf.

"This is impossible" I wispered. I was a little pleased by the shiver that seemed to run through him as I spoke. The next thing I knew he was gone. No longer pressed against me but across the other side of the hall a few feet away from me.

It was as though my touch suddenly burned him. His eyes clears to there natural brown and turned cold. "No" He said shaking his head. I didn't know what he was talking about intill the next words to leave his mouth. "I can't be mated to you. You can't even shift. My pack wouldn't expect you as luna."

He looked sad and regretful for a moment. I'm sure my face reflected the same sadness. His eye turned cold once more "I can't except you." I was hurt there was no doubt about it. "You're rejecting me?" I asked in a small sad voice. He Simply said "yes"

I was hurt. I felt like for a moment I was something worth being blessed with a mate but it was all a cruel joke because I still wasn't worthy of it because I couldn't shift.

I suddenly became angry. I stood up straight, heald my head up high and looked him in the eye with a blank expression "If that's what you want then so be it. Just remember Colton Reed this was your choice." I told him as I walk away form a shocked Colton.

He didn't want me because I wasn't good enough fine. I was never good enough for this pack and it's about time I stop caring. something seemed to shift inside me. I wasn't quite sure what it was but it was hot and driving my next thought.

"I'm gonna show them all. Show them exactly what I'm made of and Colton Reed will see what he's missing." I smiled and shoved open the side door that happened to be locked and left.