Chapter 5

Phil's POV

I open my eyes to sunlight filling my room. It's 11am and I haven't been woken up by Dan yet. I got up and walk through the bright, empty hallways. I decide to not take Dan's cereal today, and I eat leftover pizza from yesterday instead.

An hour goes by of scrolling through my Twitter and Tumblr feeds. Dan still wasn't awake. He usually gets up quite early so I begin to get concerned. I wanted to walk into his room but I don't want to have anymore embarrassing encounters. If I knock, I would wake him up so I leave Dan alone for now and get myself a glass of water instead.
As I take my first sip, I hear something fall to the floor. The sound is coming from Dan's room.
Dan is obviously awake so I go to visit him but I hope he was too hammered to remember last night's incident. I knock on his door.
"Dan. Are you alright?"
He didn't respond.
"Dan, I know you're awake."
I hear his faint voice, "Leave me alone."
I started to get concerned. Dan is never this rude. Something is really wrong.
"Please talk to me."
His silence started to worry me more than him telling me to go away.
"Okay Dan, i'm coming in."
I click open the door to see Dan turned away from me, leaving me to see his bare back.
For a moment I stand in the doorway. I have never seen him like this, he always is so happy in his videos. I guess it's what is behind the screen that lets you get to know someone.
He stayed unresponsive so I sit beside him.
I put my hand on his arm to comfort him.
"I'm sorry," he whispers.
"Dan..."
"No Phil. Don't comfort me! I'm such an asshole. Last night while you were smart and stayed sober, you comforted me and drove me home. What did I do? I kissed you and I got on top of you in an attempt for something more."
He paused and turned to me. His tear stained face and watery eyes looked up at me.
"And Phil, you didn't give in. I can't believe I did something so terrible... I understand if you don't want me to stay here any more."
His words left me speechless. I had no idea what to say so I hug him. Sometimes a hug can mean so much more than words. While hugging me back, he cried on my shoulder.
"We all have our bad times Dan, I wouldn't dream of kicking you out because of a small mistake. I care about you and I know that you are sorry. Please don't go beating yourself up about this."
He started crying harder, while hugging me a little harder as well.
I sat there holding him, trying to let him know it's okay.
I start to whisper as well, "And.. well, it's not like I didn't kiss you back."
For some reason, his crying started to slow down and after a minute or so, he was able to wipe his tears away and let go of me.
"I don't deserve a friend like you," he sniffed.
"No, you deserve more," I replied.
With that, we left to get breakfast.

Dan's POV

I keep finding myself looking at Phil during breakfast. I still feel dreadful about last night but he forgave me, so i'm feeling a little better. He doesn't seem to notice me staring, but his eyes are so big and bright, I can't stop looking at them. I keep wanting to say something about how bad I feel but I keep my thoughts in because i'm afraid it'll make things worse. So I choose an even more awkward question, "Why did you kiss me back? You obviously didn't like it."
He stopped eating and looked into my eyes for a second.
I watch his face turn bright red as he begins to mumble, "What makes you think I didn't like it?"
Now it's my turn to blush. "So if you liked it... then does that mean you like me...?"
Phil looked at the floor and bit his lip. Maybe I shouldn't have asked that.
"Dan... I don't know if I like men yet. I'm confused because I honestly enjoyed kissing you but I have only ever been with women my entire life. Give me time to think about it."
I can't tell if i'm disappointed or relieved. "Okay," I said as I got up to put my plate in the dishwasher. "Take as long as you'd like."
__________________________________
A/N
I'll update again tonight! Thanks for the votes and the views, it means alot to me.
Also, I have Instagram!! Follow my phan account, @phan.craftings
-Jennica