{One}

*Miles' point of view*

  I remember kicking. Kicking, screaming, yelling for someone. Anyone. But no one was there. Just me, and my room.

  I'd been having those nightmares for months. And, like a cliche story, I can't remember them. Well, I remember running from something I couldn't identify. And that it was kind of dark. Dammit, why can't I remember things?

I checked my phone, trying to see what time it was. Jesus, it was 4:27 AM. I got up; my main goal was getting some water. After that, I guess I got a bit side-tracked and went on Twitter for over an hour. By then, I was fully awake; guess I wasn't getting any sleep. Wonderful. It was 5:48, and the sun was starting to rise. At least I could watch the sunrise.

  I finally rolled out of bed for good and made my way to the balcony of my flat to see the sunrise. I just missed it, dammit!

Eh, might as well get an early start to the day, I thought. It was only 6:03 AM though... Maybe I could get just a tad bit more sleep.

Bad idea. I was wrong. I kinda just laid there, tossing an turning for an hour. I got sick of that, and decided maybe a shower would wake me up fully. I just needed something to do. It was one of those days, the ones where you have nothing to do, so you're desperate for something to do. God, I hated these days. Unfortunately, I had these days often.

It didn't help being a musician and having nothing to play. I had no inspiration to write my own music, and I had no idea about The Last Shadow Puppets.

Ah, the Puppets. Alex Turner and I released the first TLSP album quite a few years back, and I was kind of wanting to get back into the swing of things with Alex. He was my best friend, and we haven't seen each other in months.

Maybe I should give him a call... But first, breakfast.