{Three}

The little diner was nice. It was small and cozy, and the food was great. Except, the waitress tried to flirt with me. I kinda just brushed it off and laughed. I wonder if she got the hint. I hope so. She was nice, and she looked pretty, but I just wasn't into girls...

  After leaving, I figured I might as well walk around Sheffield for a while. The only problem was, walking around town all day alone is no fun. I haven't hung out with anyone in weeks, and I didn't think that was very healthy.

  So why not call good ol' Alex? I sure as hell hoped he wasn't busy. Won't know until ya try, I told myself.

I leaned against the wall of a random shop and called Alex. He picked up after a few rings.

"'Ello?" He answered.
  "Hey, Al, ya busy?" I asked.
  "Nah, I don't got anythin' goin' on, why?"
  "Oh, I just wanted to know if you'd like to hang out? I've been kinda bored lately," I explained.
  "I've been too, and I'll meet you at the post office, yeah?"
  I grinned. "Alright, see you in 10?" "
  "Mhm. Thanks, by the way," he said, and hung up.

I was excited to finally get to hang out with my best friend after so long; I don't know why we hadn't seen each other in that long of a time. Oh, shoot, right! I thought, Gotta get to the post office!

I saw Alex approaching the meeting place right as I was. Perfect timing, might I say. "Alex, how ya been?" I asked as we caught up to each other. "I've been alright, how 'bout yourself, Miles?" He asked breathlessly; we had both kinda ran up to each other. "I'm okay, it's been a while!" I told him. "Too long," he added. I laughed. "Way too long."

"I saw a poster for a fair that's goin' on today downtown, ya wanna go?" He asked, smirking. He knew I loved fairs. "Is that even a question?" I asked jokingly. I nodded vigorously to clear things up. "How 'bout we go to my flat for a minute and we can drive there? I need money anyway, and there's no way I'm walking all the way downtown!" I offered. Alex grinned and nodded. "Sounds good!"

During the short walk to my apartment, we had managed to get chased by a tiny dog and Alex accidentally pushed me into a puddle. By the time we were at the door, neither of us could stop laughing. "Okay, let me get changed and we'll go," I managed to get out between giggles. Alex nodded and sat down. I took a last look at him before going up to my room. He was still giggling and he just looked so cute...