{Ten}

It was nice getting to spend time with Matt, Nick, and Jamie, but it wasn't as cheerful when you're together because your friend's in the hospital. I was cheering up, though, knowing that Alex is relatively okay...and that he might love me. It wasn't very easy to stay casual about that.

  I guess none of us realized how hungry we were until was got there; as soon as we parked, we all pretty much raced to the door of the restaurant. "Hell yeah, it's a buffet, unlimited tacos!" Nick cheered.

  After we ate, we went back to the hospital to see if there was anything else about Alex they could tell us. Everything seemed bitter again. I guess hospitals just give off a negative vibe. Duh, of course they do, I thought. I was pulled from my thoughts when Jamie told me they had info on Al.

  "So," a nurse told us, "He'll have to stay here for at least tonight, then we'll see how he's doing tomorrow. We just got finished trying to get the bone back in its place so it'll mend properly, and that turned out fine." "Great, thanks," Matt said. "Oh, and only one of you can stay with him tonight," the nurse added. I looked up, and I guess everyone else saw.

  "Ya wanna stay with 'em, Miles? I think you're the best choice," Nick said, adding in a subtle wink at the end. I ignored that and nodded. "Is that fine with you guys?" I asked. The 3 of them nodded. I smiled. "Cool, can we go see him?" I asked the nurse. She nodded and pointed towards the elevator. I forgot about that...

  I sighed as we got on. I dunno why I don't like elevators, I was just like that. I was grateful when the bell ding-ed and the doors opened.

  We practically ran to Alex's room. He was awake when we walked in. "Ello again," he greeted. "I'm not on the anesthetic this time," he grinned. "How ya feelin'?" Matt asked. "As good as I can with a broken collarbone," Alex joked. He's still himself, then, I thought, smiling.

  We talked for what seemed like an hour, but was actually almost all day. "Alright, 3 of you have to leave," a doctor said at 8 o'clock. Nick, Matt, and Jamie said their goodbyes and left. I sat down in the chair next to Alex's bed.

  "Al, how did you manage to break you're collarbone?" I asked after a few minutes of silence. "Well, I was checking Twitter, as one does, and I got hungry. Thus, like anyone with common sense, went downstairs. Except I was still looking at my phone going down. And I had socks on," he explained. "Yikes..." I said. "That's something only you could do," I laughed. Al nodded.

  We stopped talking for a while, sitting in the comfortable silence. I was thinking about how Alex said he loved me, and I was tempted to ask if he meant it - or if he even meant to say it. I didn't have time to ask, for Alex asked me, "Hey Mi, when I was all drugged up, did I say anythin' stupid or embarrassing?"

  "Well, uh, no, but you mumbled that ya, erm, loved me..." I said the last part quietly. "So I didn't say anything regrettable," Alex smiled. I looked at him. He was still smiling. Beaming, even. "Al...are you still a bit drugged u-" "No. I know I said that, Miles. And I wasn't wrong." I didn't say anything.

  "You...do? You do love me?" I asked warily. "Of course I do, Mi. I've just been becoming more...accepting of it."

  He pretended to yawn. "Well, looks like I'm tired, gotta go to bed, Mr. Kane," he teased. He pretended to go to bed. I laughed. "You actually should get some sleep," I told Alex. "But I'm not tiiired," he whined. "I am, though. You had me worried sick!"

  Alex sighed. "Fine," he agreed. I grabbed his hand, hesitating, and kissed it. I could see him smiling. "Love ya, Miles." "I love ya too, ya knob head," I whispered, falling asleep almost immediately.

((Look at this, a cheesy, romantic, fast-moving chapter...but here comes The Gay™))