Daddy Dearest

"No that isn't what I requested...Then sort it out! I don't care if he's out of the damn office, get him back in and tell him to do his job or else he won't have one!...Yes...Yes...No, absolutely not...I want an update in the next half an hour...Well then he best drive quick to do it." A click of a button and his conversation was over. Justin was never like that with me when it came to work, he was always calm with me. Then again I was his girlfriend.

"Everything alright?" I gave his hand a small squeeze.

"Yeah just a few things going wrong down in finance is all. The problem should be solved soon."

"Like half an hour soon? You sounded pretty strict on the phone there Bieber. I hope that isn't how you speak to my little sister in the workplace." I scowled at Joe. He might be trying to protect me but when it came to Justin, there was no reason to try do that because he did it himself.

"Don't worry about that Joe. She gets treat like the Queen she is day in and day out."

"As she should." I rolled my eyes at Joe. Looking out the window I saw how wide the roads are here. They aren't like this back home. It's nice being able to see views from every window because there isn't another car blocking it.

"I wanna see where you work little sis. You've seen my work and experienced it first hand, so I want the same treatment."

"I don't think there's a problem with that. Whenever you visit us again you'll have to come down and have lunch with us and I'll show you around."

"That's the thing, about the whole visiting thing that is."

"What? Oh how long are you going back for? How long do I have to worry about you possibly not coming back...again?" I hated when he went out on the field. I never knew if he was coming back to me or not and that scared the hell out of me. I admired what he did for our country, keeping us all safe. But it was terrifying.

"You don't have to worry about me any longer Zoe."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I left so I could come be with my family again. I found a flat that's a couple of miles away from you so I'm checking it out when we get back. And if  I like it, I'm moving back."

"Oh my God! Joe this is amazing!  Why do you want to come back?"

"I hate knowing I'm so far away from you whilst you're alone in a massive city. Plus I miss just being able to sit on the couch after a long day and just eating junk food and having a beer."

"Does this mean we'll finally have more nights out now that your brothers here? Because I'm sick of never seeing you." Josh leaned forward in his seat with a puppy dog look on his face. I missed my best friend so much, and I didn't realise how much until now.

"I promise we'll go out and see each other more Josh. How about when we get back we have a night in and then the weekend after we have a night out together?"

"Actually you can have a night out tonight if you can't wait that long." Everyone fixated on Justin. "I was going to keep it quiet until you all got ready tonight, but I organised a night in a club called "Boisson Argent". I kinda thought you'd want a night with your brother and friend after today, all of you getting rid of stress."

"Aw Justin, you're so cute." I kissed his cheek then took his hand in mine. He always thought of me even when he was doing business. 

"You're coming along as well right? Can't just organise a night out and not come with us. Plus you haven't had the brother interrogation yet so this would be the perfect moment for it." Joe smiled at Justin with a small twinkle in his eye. A look I knew all too well when he was speaking to guys I was involved with.

"Joe stop  being a dick! You always interrogate people I bring home whether they're more than friends or not."

"You've never had a serious boyfriend so it's my time to shine as big brother and get to know the guy you're digging on."

"Digging on? Really Joe? Really?" I loved that my brother was protective of me. Annoying or pretentious, it made me smile to know there was someone in my family who cared about me.

"Well you are digging on him, hence why you're dating him."

"If I was digging on him then that would mean I'm crushing on him and not dating him. Whereas I am dating him so..."

"Alright smart-ass with the perfect grammar.  I'm just going to test him for longer and with harder questions now."

As Joe kept going on about his questionnaire for Justin, I couldn't push the thought of my Dad out of my head. He said he wanted to make amends for what he did to us and to be back in my life. To forgive and forget as if nothing ever happened. Take back the important role that every little girl needs in her life. Come back in to my life now that I no longer need him for anything because I've built my life with the help of the two guys sat in front of me. And now because of the guy sat next to me. He built his own empire and earned every penny he has. Every penny he has...

He has a lot of pennies. Something my dear old father always had there a lack of. Which he couldn't get out of us anymore once he drained our savings our mother left behind when she passed away. 

And now it makes sense.

"A leopard never changes it's spots." I mumbled to myself as I looked out the window, taking in the scenery of the very expensive trip that Justin has paid for just so we can meet good ol' daddy after so many years apart. Good ol' gold-digging Daddy...

...................................................................................................................................................

I'm the worst updater in the world, I know. I'm sorry. 

I'm working on different things so updating stories hasn't been on my "to-do" list, although it should be.

I hope this chapter is somewhat okay for you and you enjoyed it at least a little!

Hopefully I start updating a lot more for you and I hope you read new stories I put out!

Thank you. B <3