Chapter 16

Nomas awoke to the sharp pecking into his forehead. His want went for the creature attacking him and iut quickly flew from him squacking repeatedly. "Alive. Alive. Alive." It screamed as another voice joined in.

"Dead. Dead. Dead." The other voice called coming closer.

"Just where he needs to be." The third voice added calmly. It was more human than the others and quite feminine. "Nomas. Get up." She said nudging him in the side with a stick. "We have much to discuss and we need to get going."

Nomas forced himself to open his eyes and stare at the sky for a long time. The small woman sat letting her eyes look over him a few times. Each three placed where one should have been. "Where am I?" He asked forcing himself into a sitting position.

Blood still stained his shirt but he could feel the wound was sealed with a large bandage wrapped around his waist a few times. "Not among the dead. That is the important thing." The creature said with a frown stretching across her lips. In all this time Nomas had not once seen her show any kind of emotion.

"Where in FIlalith?" He said with a frown on his own face. Nomas groaned getting to his feet despite still feeling quite weak. Trees grew far above them but the beams of lightbreaking through the canopy let him know it was sometime during the mid-day. He could feel the humidity around him and could smell andimals not far off.

"Just outsides of Adorea." She said walking down the road with her hands moving strangely before her, as they went fabric was appearing betrween her hands and she was clearly creating something out of it. "No more than a mile from Destola."

"Why?" Nomas demanded quickly looking at her hard and began to walk after her.

Both birds started squawking loudly, "Home." The raven called. "Love, peace."

"Freedom." The crow said back at the creature as it flew beside them. "Hope, action."

The spider though disagreed. "You are here because there are those you need to reconcile with before the end comes. Many things are to pass within this timeline. Most of which will cause pain and anger. Joy and sadness. Rage and death. But all must come to pass before you can understand your place here. As I see it now there are many paths you can take. But all stem from here, shall you return to the one you love and cause her pain once more. Or you can run from here and keep her unaware of this situation." Her eyes watched him from the few paces she had ahead of the man.

Her figure flickered with each step and Nomas frowned. "Why do you anchor yourself here? You know it is not wise to allow yourself a solid form, especially one so fragile."

"I like it." She said twirling a bit. "It gets boring knowing everything. It is fun to be spontaneous when you can. Even if I know when I am going to be." The weaver reasoned walking quickly down the road. Each step was a skip and each twirl caused her frame to distort.

Nomas crossed his arms walking. He now realized he had his sword and the leather strap spread across his waist holding it on his side. Across his neck was a large red scarf that dangled and swayed in the breeze. It smelled odd as if it had been drug through a field of coriander.

"You're altering fate again. That is dangerous, you know that." He said grabbing for her shoulder, his hand fazed through it as her image flickered from existence and she appeared behind him with a frown.

"I am weaving it. The cloth of reality needs to be weaved, to be tamed. That is why I do it."

Nomas kept walking with a frown. "Is there a reason you stay here?" He asked.

She giggled slightly before placing a rose on his shoulder. "This is for her. It'll help her look past the new scars." She smiled pressing him forward. "And the horse will be outside the gate when you get back. Your welcome." The woman said before she did one final spin and disappeared with a quiet pop.