Family Reunions- or whatever you would call it

Allie

I followed Simon out the doorway and up the stairs to my room, he definitely had something important to tell me and I was almost certain it was about this Lachlan guy. When we got to my room, somewhere that I'm guessing he thought no one could here us, he spoke, "I know him. Lachlan"

"Him? How the hell do you know him?"

"We have history" is all Simon says, he takes my mom's journal out of my hands and starts skimming through it for no reason. He sits down on the bed and keeps flipping the pages.

"Oh god, don't tell me he's like this psycho ex lover or something"  I say, rolling my eyes.

"No... I am not gay" he groans, he keeps flipping through the pages in the book like he was going to find something.

"Then how the hell do you know this Lachlan guy" I ask, pacing around the room slowly. "I mean, psycho ex lover seems pretty reasonable right-"

"He killed me" Simon suddenly bursts out. I look over at him, his face is dead serious, "Or, at least he thinks he did"

"Okay, you're not making any sense"

Simon just sighed, "Well, a couple years back, he was chasing me, he wanted me dead, maybe he had something against my family or something... I don't know. He... He killed my partner at the time and I was so scared that he would kill everyone else who was close to me, so one day, I faked my own death, and I ran. I was just so scared that he would hurt my friends and family, and now he's back"

We stood in silence for a bit, I didn't know what to say.I wasn't all that good with this shit. I decided to ask about something light "Your friends, were they hunters as well?"

Simon just gave me that look that Sophie gave me when she was trying to hint that she didn't like hunting, the look that said "Are you so fucking clueless"

Honestly that just confused me so much more. I thought back to the previous day's and things that Simon did that were strange. Well, he liked reading about my life, that was weird, but that wouldn't have anything to do with this. I mean, he wanted to leave but that wasn't all that- wait.

And I started to put the pieces together. He was so nervous around the sidemen and he didn't even say his own name to them, he also kept trying to leave the first day and he knew who some of the guys were before I had even mentioned, which at the time I just thought they had already talked. This would relate back to that spare room that Josh- and well, everyone, refused to talk about and the fact that he knew his way around the house, "Oh"

That one word was the only thing that came out of my mouth for a good minute. Simon looked up from the journal, "Listen, can we just keep this a secret, between us"

"You... You have to tell them... I mean, they're all a mess and-"

"Allie. No" He cuts me off. I stop talking, "Please, I don't want them to know, besides, I'm leaving today and probably not returning, so then they won't think I abandoned them or something"

"That's a stupid reason. Tell them, now! For me? Listen, they have refused to even look in your room and they're a complete mess, alright? Yeah, maybe it was one or two years ago, but they get to have you back!"

"No-"

"Shut up, stay here, I'll bring... Josh, how about him. I'll even tell him if you want" I left before he could stop me and luckily enough, Josh was close, talking to Freya. I coughed a bit to grab their attention.