Chapter One

Chapter One

I felt the cold stone of the wall against my back. My breath was heavy in my lungs. He held my arms above my head in one hand, the other on my waist. He pushed his mouth onto mine, probing my lips with his tongue. Deep in my heart, I knew I wanted him just as much as he seemed to want me. But it wasn’t right. I couldn’t do it. So I didn’t do anything. I didn’t kiss back. I didn’t fight against his hungry lips. I stood there, waiting for him to finish.

Looking in his eyes, I knew he felt how wrong it was. I knew he wanted to stop. But his body wouldn’t let him. And his body was stronger than his mind. I closed my mouth, cutting off his access. He moved to my neck. He kissed and nibbled every bit of skin from my chin to my left shoulder. He wanted a response.

I started to squirm beneath his grasp. He stopped. His hand freed mine, and they dropped to my sides. He looked me in the eyes. I could see the want. The need. For me. He loved me. His face portrayed what his lips wouldn’t dare say. I wanted to tell him I loved him back. But I couldn’t. I was frozen where I stood, trapped in his almost-there embrace.

Then I heard it. The noise that used to brighten my day. It was the sound of my boyfriend’s motorcycle. Jay, short for Jackson. Jackson Torke. Everything about Jackson was heavenly. Or, at least, it used to be. His eyes were a dreamy midnight blue color. You could almost see the stars twinkling in them when you looked for too long. His sleek black hair that always fell in his eyes. His arms, with just the right amount of muscle that I used to slip into perfectly. That black leather jacket he always wore. And the skinny black jeans. Always black. To finish the look, his treasured black converse.

“Bren, you have to leave. He can’t catch you here.” The guy who was kissing me? That’s Brenden. Brenden Foxe. He was my savior. Stronger than Jay, and smarter, too. Blonde hair; not too long, not too short. The prettiest emerald green eyes. He drove a mustang. Midnight blue, almost the exact color of Jay’s eyes, with white racing stripes. While Jay was more punk, Brenden wore khakis and polos. With Adidas sneakers or sandals from American Eagle. He was the one. I fit perfectly in his arms. He was never rough. And always knew what I wanted. He was there to protect me from everything and anything. He had been my best friend forever. Jay had always been jealous. Recently, I started to see why.

“I’ll see you for school tomorrow, Lu.” He gave me a quick peck on the cheek and ran into the bushes. Jay was walking my way.

“Hey Court, it’s pretty late. What are you doing outside?” Jackson asked, pulling me close. Yes, my name was Courtney. Courtney Nelson. Where Brenden got ‘Lu’ from, I will never know. He refuses to tell me.

“I just got home. I heard your motorcycle and decided to wait for you,” I lied. He leaned down and kissed me deeply, rubbing his hands up and down my arms.

“You’re cold, baby. Here, take my jacket.” He started to remove his favorite leather jacket. I was the only one he ever let touch it. I shook my head no.

“Let’s just go inside. We can make some popcorn and watch a movie,” I said, grabbing my key out of my purse and unlocking the house.

“How about we do something else?” He suggested wolfishly as we stepped inside.

“Jay, you know I’m not ready to have sex,” I said, entering the kitchen, just off the mudroom. “I’m only sixteen.”

“Yes, but I’m eighteen,” he said. The same argument he always made. “I can’t satisfy myself forever. And you know that. We’ve been together for over six months.”

“Jackson Robert, I will not have sex with you!” I yelled in an attempt to end the conversation. “Besides, it’s illegal. You’re an adult. I’m not.”

“All your friends have had sex. And they loved it.” He used the same arguments every time we had this conversation.

“Then go fuck them,” I said, walking away from him. I climbed the stairs to my room and heard him following closely behind me. I put my purse on the coat hanger in the corner of my bright yellow room. Sitting on the white bed, I started to take off my shoes. Jackson stood in the doorway.

I stood and unbuckled my pants. As they dropped to the floor, I grabbed the pair of sweatpants that were lying on my bed. I slid them on, ignoring Jackson’s stare piercing through my forehead. I then stripped of my shirt and bra, to put on a sports bra. I slid on a pair of socks and searched for my sneakers.

“I’m going for a run. You can stay here if you want. I’ll be back in an hour,” I said, walking past Jay, who was still standing in the doorway of my room. Running kept my emotions in check. When I was angry, I went for a run. If I felt like crying, I would go for a run. I usually ran from my house to the end of the block, down two blocks, and completed the square. It soothed me and gave me plenty of time to think.

When I got back from my run, Jackson’s motorcycle was still parked in front of my house and my bedroom light was still on. I walked upstairs to find him on my bed. “Jackson!” I screamed. He was playing with himself. On my bed. With a pair of my underwear. “You get your ass out of my house right now and you better not come back. We will talk about this tomorrow. And your attitude towards me better have changed by then.” He walked out, stopping to peck me on the forehead, first.

I watched him walk down the stairs from the indoor balcony. He looked up and said, “I love you, Court. Promise.” I rolled my eyes and he kept walking. I stripped the bed and took it to the washroom. Throwing it all in to wash, I headed for the shower.

“Why can’t he just be more like Bren?” That was my last thought before drifting off to sleep.

___________________________________

A/N: Picture on side is Jackson.