Chapter Twenty-Eight

“Where the hell did you learn that?” Trevor asked in a hushed voice as he entered the kitchen behind me. Everyone had passed out and I was alone in the room until he had entered.

“Trevor, it’s embarrassing enough without talking about it. Do we really have to do this right now?” I asked.

“Hell yes.” I looked over to him only to find a smirk on his face and his eyes twinkling with a mischievous glaze. “I cannot believe I’m missing out on that just because you’re dating my brother.”

I snorted. “What makes you think you would’ve had a chance with me anyway?”

“I know you find me irresistible, babe.” He walked closer to me and grazed his finger down my cheek. “Brenden just got to you first. And, let’s face it; he looks a damn lot like me.”

I pushed Trevor’s hand away and rolled my eyes, making my way to the island with a bottle of water in my hand. I hopped up to sit on the countertop before I spoke. “Trevor, inappropriate.”

“So are you going to answer my question?” he asked, a pleading look in his eyes.

“I don’t know,” I said, blushing and looking away.

“You cannot seriously be embarrassed about answering this question.” He grabbed my face and made me look him straight in the eye. “You just gave me one hell of a lap dance in front of your entire soccer team and the entire boys soccer team. This is just a one on one conversation.”

“I took dance when I was little.”

“You really think that answers the question?” The look on his face held so much disbelief that I started to question my reasoning for the answer. “How old were you when you quit dancing?”

“I quit when I was seven,” I said, shrugging. “I didn’t think it was fun anymore. I started playing soccer instead.”

“Alright, so you’re telling me that you learned how to give a lap dance when you were six years old?” He gave me a dumb look. I shook my head.

“I don’t know!” I yelled, before realizing that I had a house full of sleeping people. Trevor gave me a look. “I’ve seen movies. I know what you’re supposed to do. I just winged it, and I mean—I know how to move my body. Haven’t you seen me dance at these parties?”

I could tell he was thinking hard, trying to remember watching me dance. “Yeah, I guess.” He walked over to the fridge and got out the milk, taking a drink straight from the carton. “I just didn’t know you would be able to turn me on so much in front of so many people.”

Now it was my turn to blush. As I didn’t know what to say, the room fell into an uncomfortable silence. I could feel Trevor staring at me and looked over at him. “What?”

“I’m just confused,” he said. “I have seriously never had a boner in public before. Not once in my entire life—not throughout puberty or in a club. Never.”

“Well, I don’t really know what to tell you, but this isn’t really public, is it?” He gave me another look.

“Why wouldn’t this be considered public? There are plenty of people here that I wouldn’t exactly consider my closest friends.”

I shrugged. “I guess so. But I still don’t have an answer for you.” I jumped down from the counter and walked to the pantry to grab some chips. “I’m sure Ash would have had the same effect. One would think she’d be just as good of a dancer.”

“Never received one,” he said, smirking. “What about Brenden? Have you shown him some feisty lap action in bed?”

“Trevor, you are so awkward,” I said, walking into the other room. There were people lying around everywhere. Couples cuddling on the couch in a deep sleep and spooning on the floor. Girls huddled under small blankets, freezing in their booty shorts. Guys sprawled out on all sorts of furniture. I felt Trevor come up behind me and I turned around. “I can’t sleep.”

“Well, true. There doesn’t seem to be much room here.”

“No, I mean that I’m not tired. I’m not going to be able to fall asleep. Especially not with Bren already sleeping here with his boys.”

“Why does that matter?” Trevor asked, grabbing the bag of chips from my hand and stuffing his face.

“When I can’t sleep, Brenden runs his fingers through my hair or rubs my legs and tells me some crock of shit story. It always puts me to sleep.” I shrugged, stealing my chips back.

“Well, I can’t sleep either,” he said, walking out of the living room and gesturing me to follow.

“Court, you whore,” I heard a voice say. I groaned, still asleep, and cuddled in closer to the warm body next to me. Then laughter. “Courtney Ann Nelson, get off of my boyfriend!” I rolled over, squinting in the bright sunlight. Ash was standing above me, an amused look on her face.

“What are you talking about?” I asked, glancing over at who I assumed was Brenden lying beside me. “This is Brenden.” I lay back down and snuggled into the torso of the warm body. I heard steps walking away from me, and I assumed Ash was leaving me to my sleep.

“Lu!” I was being shaken awake and yelled at. “Lu, what in the world is going on here?” I heard Bren ask. Wait. Aren’t I lying on Bren right now? I quickly sat up and looked over at who I was lying on. Trevor.

“Brenden?” I asked, looking back at who was shaking me. I shrieked and wrapped my arms around Brenden’s neck, kissing his face all over. “I am so sorry! I have no idea what’s going on here!” He pulled back away from me and started laughing.

“Luey, I’m not mad,” he said, pulling me closer to him. “Ash told me that you thought Trev was me.”

“Shut up, I was still asleep when I said that!” I groaned and buried my face in his shoulder. “I don’t even remember falling asleep with him.” I kicked Trevor in the thigh until he woke up.

“What. Do. You. Want?” he asked very angrily, his eyelids shooting open with force. I cowered back against Brenden a little bit.

“I was sleeping on you,” I said timidly. His face flushed red. “I was wondering why…” I let the sentence hang, hoping that would encourage him to answer.

“You said you couldn’t sleep.” He shrugged. I raised an eyebrow. “I was the only other one awake and you were whining that Bren usually puts you right to sleep. So I did what you said he usually did and BAM! You were out like a light.”

“Wait, wait, wait a minute,” Brenden said, shaking his head and raising a finger. “What exactly did you do to put her to sleep?” he asked incredulously.

I blushed and turned my face so it was hidden in Brenden’s chest. “I ran my fingers through her hair for ages, but when that didn’t appear to be doing anything useful, I just ran my fingertips up and down her legs. Put me right to sleep, too.” I was thankful my face was hidden, because I was sure that it was beet red at the moment.

“You’re telling me that you fondled my girlfriend while your girlfriend and I were sleeping?” I pulled back and looked up at Brenden when I heard the amusement in his voice. He was smirking at Trevor, trying to hold back a laugh.

Trevor just shrugged. “Seemed like a good idea at the time.” I felt my jaw drop as I stared at Trevor in disbelief. Brenden just laughed a big, hearty laugh. I cannot believe this is happening.

“Oh shit, what a night.” Ashtyn walked up behind me as I was putting the dirty dishes in the dishwasher. “That was one hell of a lap dance. Wherever did you learn such a thing?” Even without looking, I could see the mischievous look on her face.

“I’m not going to justify that with an answer,” I said, coldly. “Why would you make me do that?” I paused what I was doing and looked up at her.

“Oh, relax. It was funny, everyone was laughing!” she practically yelled. “It was just a little joke on the captain.”

“I didn’t think it was very funny,” I said, continuing to load the washer. “Did you not see Trevor’s boner?” At this, I heard three very distinct laughs. I looked up to see that Trevor and Brenden had entered the room. “Speak of the devil.”

I quickly finished loading the washer and turned it on before all but sprinting from the room. I was so furious with them right now. I changed into running attire as soon as I reached my room, and left the house.