Chapter 6: "We Only Want Your Blood"

M I C H A E L
•EDITED•

I combed my hair in the mirror. I had just dyed it dark blue yesterday in preparation for my date. I nodded at my reflection— it was a good change compared to the red I just had. Plus, it was fading and looked gross.

I was wearing black skinny jeans with black boots and my baseball tee that said "Idiot!" on it. I smiled and looked at the time. It was 5:40, and Lori lived about ten minutes away. I decided to pick up my phone and call her.

L O R I

I sat in front of the mirror as Jordan did my hair for me. "Honestly, I don't know why you wanted me to do it. You're gonna be doing physical exercise and.. ew." I giggled. "I wanna look nice for Michael. What time is it?" I asked, looking up at Jordan. He picked up my phone, but suddenly it started ringing.

"It's Michael! Answer it!" He panicked, putting the phone up to my ear. I took it and answered, "Hi!"

Michael cleared his throat. "I'm on my way now, I should be there in about ten to fifteen minutes." My eyes widened and Jordan sent me a questioning glance. "Oh um okay! I'll be ready by then." Michael chuckled. "Alright, see you in a bit." I hung up and pressed my fingers up to my temple.

"He said he's gonna be here in like ten minutes!" I yelled. I had barely any of my makeup done and my hair wasn't the best. Jordan's eyes widened. "Oh fuck, girl! Hold on, I have a solution." He pulled my curls back with a nice snowflake clip and pulled some out to frame my face. He quickly spun me around to face him and brushed some blush on, then applying mascara and a bit of eyeliner, and he was done.

"Bitch, I can't believe I just did all that makeup in under ten minutes!" He exclaimed, clapping giddily. I smiled in the mirror. I looked good, for someone who usually didn't care about their appearance.

"Well he should be here any minute, I'm gonna go downstairs." I stood up and quickly ran down the stairs, meeting my mom at the bottom. "Oh hiiii!" I said slowly. She raised an eyebrow. "When will you be back?" I sighed. "Around eleven, I promise." She smiled and patted my back. "Good girl. Now off you go." She pushed me out the door and I greeted Michael, although he didn't say anything back.

I waved my hand in his face. "Michael, hello? I said hi?" Michael blinked and looked down at me. "Sorry! I just.. Wow, you look great," he murmured, taking my hand. I giggled. "Thank you. Now can we go?" He nodded and led me to a black pickup truck, helping me in. "I know this car isn't the best," he mumbled, putting the keys in the ignition. I shrugged. "Hey, at least you have a car." He nodded and pulled out of my driveway. Jordan waved from my porch and I waved back until I couldn't see him anymore.

We sat in silence for a while, which I didn't mind. It was nice just looking at him. His hair looked good; it was dyed a different color.

"Oh, I see you dyed your hair again," I mentioned, referring to the blue locks. He smiled and looked at me for a moment. "You like it? I didn't know what color to go with so.." I laughed. "I love it, Michael. Blue really suits you."

Michael nodded and we soon pulled into the ice-rink. "Do you want any food? I have a few dollars I can spend if you want." I nodded and he got out, jogging over to my side and opening the door for me. I stepped out and blushed faintly. "What a gentleman." He rolled his eyes. "I won't do it again if you tease me like that." I fake gasped. "Oh no! I wouldn't want Mikey to go back to normal, would I? Seriously, why are you being so nice?" He shrugged. "Let's just say I've had a change of heart since you came around. Come on, I'll get you some nachos or something."

Michael led me inside and sat me down at a table. "What do you want?" He asked, pulling out his wallet. I shrugged. "Maybe a water and some fries." He nodded and walked away, then quickly came back with my food, along with three slices of pizza. I laughed. "You have got to stop eating so much pizza, Mikey."

Michael pouted. "I really like my pizza. I would die for this slice." He took a bite and I laughed again. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry." He nodded slowly. "Can I have a kiss since you made me feel bad?" I rolled my eyes. "No, you may not." What was with these boys and wanting a kiss from me? Weirdos. He whimpered and took another bite of his pizza. "Fine.." I rolled my eyes. "Come on, eat so we can get our skates."

Five minutes later, Michael and I were slowly skating around the rink. "I'm not that good at this," he admitted, holding on tightly to my hand. I grinned at him, trying to contain laughter. "You'll get the hang of it." He frowned as I sped in front of him. "H-hey, wait up!" He tried skating forward more quickly, but fell on his face. I laughed and skated back over to him.

"Be more careful," I said quietly. The blue haired boy looked down at his jeans, which were now ripped. "Oh no," he whined, looking down. "These were the only pair that weren't ripped." I laughed and the announcement came on for couple's skate. A slow song by some pop singer came on, and the lights dimmed.

"Skate with me," he said, looking into my eyes. I smiled and took his hand once again as we glided on the ice slowly. "I really like this, I, uh, I mean I really like being with you and I like you and just uh-" Michael rambled but I cut him off with a gentle kiss to the lips. He kissed back after a few seconds and when I pulled away, he was staring at me in awe.

"W-wow, okay.." He whispered, searching my eyes. I smiled and looked away. "You were rambling like an idiot, so I figured I would stop you while you were ahead." Michael chuckled and took my cheek, forcing me to look at him. "I.. I don't know how to say this but.. I really like you, and I hope we can spend more time together," he whispered, bringing our faces closer to each other. I smiled slightly. "Yeah, I like you too.." Suddenly the music stopped and I heard screaming.

Michael and I looked at each other, eyes wide. We skated as quickly as we could off the ice and ran back to our shoes, putting them on. I looked around as people fled from the center, confused. "Why is-" I was cut off by Michael grabbing me by the waist and carrying me bridal style to his car. He quickly pushed me in and ran to the other side, starting the vehicle and driving away. My eyes widened as I looked back at the people running. Splotches of red and black faded away into nothing as we drove. I turned back to Michael.

"What the fuck was that for?" I spat, narrowing my eyes. Michael sighed. "It would be too hard to explain," he mumbled, combing a hand through his hair. I folded my arms and sat back in my seat, looking out the window. "I don't understand why you can't tell me now," I grumbled. Michael stopped the car and I looked up, seeing we were at my house. "Why are we-"

Michael took my arm and led me upstairs, pulling me into my room. "Im a vampire," he whispered. I looked up at him in horror. "Look."

As I looked in the mirror, It represented that no one was behind me, but I felt Michael's hands slip around my waist. "Babe, don't be afraid," he whispered. "I'm just showing you the real me." I looked down at his arms. "This can't be real," I whispered. "You're not what you say you are.. Right?" He chuckled and shook his head. "No, I am. So are all my friends. But don't worry, we don't want your body," he said, putting his head on my shoulder, whispering in my ear.

"We only want your blood."