Chapter 24: "Loser Vampire"

L O R I

I woke up to someone shaking me the next morning. I groaned, not wanting to face the world today. "Just a little longer..." I mumbled, waving my arm aimlessly in the air. I heard Michael sigh. "We have to go back to Luke's, babe. It's time we talked." I blinked my eyes open groggily and looked at him, vision blurry. "Talk to Luke..? What's the point..." I flipped back over and buried my head in the pillow. "Talk to him yourself, I'm not going."

I was suddenly lifted off the bed. I flailed around, trying to break free from Michael's grip. "You really suck," I mumbled as I finally broke free, looking at Mike's closet. "Huh... can I wear this?" I asked, pulling out one of his sweaters. Michael rolled his eyes. "Sure, but hurry up... I feel as if he's a ticking time bomb right now." I raised an eyebrow at him as I pulled the soft shirt on. "What do you mean?"

Mike shook his head. "Luke is still a bit fucked. I don't know what will happen; if he'll go back to being leader or not.. that's something he has to decide on his own." I shrugged and pulled on my leggings and shoes, hopping up off the bed. "Well, I'm ready to go now." My boyfriend smiled at me warmly. "I love seeing you in my clothes. It's adorable. Also all of my clothes have my scent on them, so others will know to stay away." He murmured, pulling me close to him.

I smirked and kissed him lightly. "It isn't the time. We have a loser vampire to talk to."

•••

Some time later, Mikey and I arrived back at Luke's manor. I didn't bother to knock, and when I walked inside I was greeted by a bunch of maids all asking me questions and other ridiculous things. I swatted them away and called for Luke. "Where are you! Your workers are suffocating!"

He walked down the stairs, rather dramatically, in a sophisticated suit. All of the workers turned towards him and he gave them a look of disgust. Getting the memo, they all brushed me off apologetically and briskly walked away to some unknown area in his house. I stared up at Luke, eyebrow raised.

"Uh, okay then... What was that all about?" Michael asked, crossing his arms. "I need to talk to you." Luke sauntered towards us arrogantly. "Michael, I don't need your silly Youth. I have Calum and Ashton already under my wing, and soon enough I'll have the rest of your little tribe too. Why can't you just see that you're nothing?"

I glared at him. "If you think you can get away with this, you're wrong." Luke laughed loudly. "Are you kidding me? Of course I can get away with it. I was the leader of the Youth for a reason, Lori. Soon I'll have my own "Youth." A new clan; a group that will bring us all together! Well, us worthy, at least." He gave Michael and I a sharp look before turning on his heel. "Get out of my house."

I stared at where he was a moment ago, mouth agape. Did he really just say that?

I looked to Michael and he shook his head, sighing. "Time to go to the council. Come on." He put his hand out and I took it, walking out with him.

This would be a lot of work.