Chapter 11: "You Don't Need My Help"

L O R I

"What the hell Lori?" Michael asked after class, glaring at me. I sighed. "Michael I don't understand why you're being so protective. Just because you bit me and I may or may not like you does not mean you have the right to control me."

Michael raised an eyebrow. "You like me?" I mentally facepalmed. "I uh, no? Did I say that? I don't remember saying that.." Michael chuckled and tilted my chin up. "Face it Lolo, you're in love with me." I grimaced. "No I'm not, what are you talking about?" He rolled his eyes. "You're just being prissy."

I glared. No, I wasn't being prissy. I wasn't prissy nor would I ever be. "I'm not prissy," I muttered, before smashing my lips into his. He hesitated for a few moments before kissing back, hungrily sucking at my bottom lip. He pulled away but left soft bite marks on it. "Still prissy?" I asked, smirking. He rolled his eyes. "No."

The bell rang and I gave him a wink before going on to Science. Quickly realizing that Luke was in that class I groaned; things would probably be awkward now.

I walked in and sat down but surprisingly Luke was nowhere to be seen. I shrugged and sat down, thinking that I would be working by myself.

"Harry, could you please move up and work with Lori?" Ms. Birkway asked. Harry replied with a quiet 'yes' and sat down next to me with his stuff. We quickly got to work on today's lab assignment.

"Do you know where Luke is?" I asked quietly. Harry nodded. "He uh, he went looking for Ash." I sighed. "Well he better find him soon.." Harry shrugged and we went back to our assignment. After working for a while, Ms. Birkway announced that we should start putting our stuff away. Obeying, I cleaned some beakers. Harry was silent as he helped me put away the materials. Suddenly, I wanted to know more about him. Was he quiet because that was his personality, or was there a deeper reason?

Deciding I shouldn't delve any deeper, I shrugged and stood up to leave when the bell rang. Just as I got to Math I sat down and realized there was no one next to me. I sighed; I would really miss Ashton. I hope he will come back soon..

"Lori, is everything alright?" Ms. Winters asked quietly. She was standing next to my desk and I quickly nodded. She sighed. "I'm excusing you to go out and get a drink or something. You look dead." I nodded and stood up, walking outside. I heard a phone go off from someone's locker.

It's raining tacos
From out of the sky
Tacos, no need to ask why
Just open your mouth and close your eyes
It's raining tacos

I immediately burst into laughter, but then realized; that was Ashton's ringtone for my phone. I bolted to my locker and quickly put in the combination before answering it.

"Hello? Ashton?" I asked quietly. There was a laugh from the other side. "Not Ashton, not at all," a girl voice sounded through the phone. "He's with me, safe and sound. And no one, I mean no one is going to take him from me."

"What do you want? Money?" The girl laughed again. "No, I dont need your human currency. I need your life. I was supposed to be you, I was supposed to be the one they all loved. And now, you stole that from me. But I'm getting my revenge, finally. Look behind you, Lori."

I slowly turned around and dropped my phone, seeing who it was.

"D-Destiny?"

My old childhood friend chuckled. "Yes, Lori. Long time no see, huh?" She took a few steps closer to me, and I moved back, picking up my phone. Destiny twirled the daggers that were in her hands. "I was always second best," she snarled, glaring at me. "I was always in your shadow. Well not anymore!" She jumped and somehow wall-ran before coming to me, nearly slicing my shoulder. I dodged the blow and quickly went invisible before coming up behind her. "Lori, Lori, Loriiiii!! You can hide, but you can't run." She quickly turned around and stabbed me in the stomach. My eyes widened and I became visible again, and she laughed. "Bye bye, Lori."

I shook my head. "Not today, Destiny." I pulled the knife out and threw it at her, and it landed in her chest, embedding itself there. She gasped and looked down before looking back at me.

"Y-you.. Bitch..." She gasped, coughing up some blood. I smiled and took her arms, dragging her down the stairs and into the girls bathroom.

"You'll be fine," I mumbled,  pulling the knife out of her chest. The wound healed slowly, but not as quick as vampire's wounds do. Destiny squirmed and struggled against my grip. "Let go!" She screamed, trying to pull my arm off of her. I clicked my tongue disapprovingly.

"Ah ah ah, remember Ashton? I won't let go until you agree to set him free." She glared up at me. "Fine! Only if you let go of me, my god." I stood up and pulled her with me. "Have fun trying to get home." She raised an eyebrow at me. "What is that supposed to mean?" I shrugged. "You're in vampire territory. Werewolves aren't welcome here." She opened her mouth to speak but I pushed her out of the bathroom. "Go, you little bitch."

I peeked out the bathroom and saw that no one was in the hall. I tucked my newly found daggers in my leggings and started down the hall. I heard someone clear their throat behind me. "Ahem, Lori."

I turned around and rolled my eyes, glancing at Michael. "Were you there the whole fight?" I asked, crossing my arms. Michael shrugged. "Pretty much. I'm glad you're alive." I gritted my teeth. "Why didn't you fucking help me?"

Michael smirked. "You don't need my help, darling."

A/N:
Destiny is dedicated to kittycliffo (She changed her user and idk what it is but yeah)
Because I can ❤️
Lol I'm not gay but yes. (Yes you are tf) You're welcome.