Chapter 22: "Bad News"

L O R I
•EDITED•
A/N: Towards the end, my tool for bold words starts acting up, so it's obvious to see where I edited. Just, try to ignore it. I know it's annoying, but I have no idea how to turn it off. Sigh. ~Liz

Edit: I fixed it, so don't worry if you haven't read this chapter yet. Nothing to be worried about.

I scrambled away from Luke and pulled my shorts back up, feeling my face flushing. Luke got up and crossed his arms, looking at Calum. "Not a word to Michael about this." He threatened, glaring. Calum chuckled. "What's stopping me? You aren't the leader of the Youth, he is. Just because Ashton and I live in your house doesn't mean you can boss us around."

Luke bit his lip as Calum continued. "In fact, I will tell Mikey. It'll get me on his good side, and maybe he'll make me second in command and kick you two out."

I looked down at my lap, tears forming in my eyes. How could I have been so stupid? To cheat on Michael like that... what kind of idiot am I?

"Calum," I choked out, looking up at him. He raised an eyebrow and I cleared my throat. Standing up, I walked in front of him slowly. "Don't blame Luke. It wasn't his fault. I came onto him, he shouldn't be punished for it." I said, voice shaking. Calum shrugged. "If you say so."

Luke put a hand on my shoulder, walking up behind me. "Lori, you can't blame yourself," he whispered. "It was me, you know that." I turned around to face him and smiled. "You have a lot more to live immortally for than I do. Please, just let me do this."

I looked back to Calum and took a deep breath. "Tell Mikey, or whatever you have to do. Just don't let Luke get any of the blame."

Calum stared at us for a few moments before finally nodding. "Alright, your wish is granted." He pulled out his phone and put it up to his ear, calling Mikey.

"Yo, Michael. I have some bad news," he said, kind of arrogantly. I bit my lip and put my head on Luke's chest. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead. "Look on the bright side, you'll finally be happy with me."

I pulled away from Luke and stared at him in shock. "I don't want to date you!" I screamed, pushing him away. He fell back into the glass table, shattering it into pieces. I blinked a couple times before backing up, then finally running up to my room. With tears streaming down my face, I packed up my things, shoving them messily in a suitcase. There was no time for me to be neat about this.

Luke came into my room, glass shards sticking out of his shoulders. "You aren't going anywhere," he growled, running over to me. I screamed and threw a picture frame at him, hitting him in the head. He shook it off and came for me again, grabbing my shoulders.

"We can be happy together Lori! Don't you want that?" He practically yelled into my face. I shook my head and tried to pry his fingers off of me, but to no avail. Ashton appeared in the doorway and ran over to Luke, pulling him off of me. While they struggled, I ran away back downstairs to Calum. He was still talking on the phone with Michael.

I grabbed his phone and forcefully threw it to the ground, smashing it. I stomped on it until it was nothing but shattered plastic and glass, breathing heavily. Calum spun me towards him and slapped me, leaving a stinging feeling on my face.

"You're a fucking bitch, Lori," he spat, glaring. I spit in his face and kicked him in the chest, sending him flying into the counter. "Maybe you don't understand, Calum, but I'm still Michael's girl. There's nothing you can do to change that, so go take your pathetic attempt at power and shove it up your ass." I angrily walked outside and screamed into the void, into the night sky.

"Fuck," I mumbled, tears streaming down my face. I would give anything to be with Michael right now. Why couldn't he just come back... If he were here, none of this would have ever happened.

I just wanted my boyfriend.