Chapter 4: "See You at Six"

A S H T O N
•EDITED•

The female coach, Ms. Lewin, rushed over to me. One look at Lori and she nodded. "Alright, go. I don't expect her back, just go." I nodded gratefully and ran inside, hurrying up to the nurse. The young woman raised an eyebrow at me.

"What happened?" She asked, leading me into the back. I set Lori down on a cot and shrugged. "She fell and passed out after running about twelve laps on the track," I recalled. The nurse nodded and I sighed, shaking my head. "Humans just don't have as much endurance, I suppose."

The woman laughed. "I guess you're right. Vampires are apparently much better than humans." She said, pressing a cold rag to Lori's face. I smiled and nodded. "Maybe you should make her a vampire?" She asked, nodding towards the unconscious girl before us. I shrugged. "If she wanted, sure."

The nurse laughed. "Well if you do, don't tell anyone you got the idea from me. Alright?" I nodded and she smiled and Lori opened her eyes.

L O R I

I opened my eyes slightly to see Ashton and Ms. Saint above me, talking about something. I quickly shut my eyes and kept my breathing the same to listen to their conversation.

"Humans just don't have as much endurance, I suppose," I heard Ashton say. Ms. Saint laughed. "I guess you're right. Vampires are apparently much better than humans." A cold rag was pressed to my forehead and I almost jolted up, but stayed still for the sake of finding out something. What did Ms. Saint mean by vampire?

"Maybe you should make her a vampire?" Ms. Saint spoke again, and this caught my attention. Was she talking about me? She had to be, no one else was in here except Ashton.

"If she wanted, sure." Ashton answered. Ms. Saint let out a laugh. "Well if you do, don't tell anyone you got the idea from me. Alright?" I decided to end their conversation and I opened my eyes fully.

"Well look whose awake!" Ashton said cheerily. I rolled my eyes and rubbed my head. "What happened?" I asked, not really remembering. Ashton shrugged. "You ran like twelve laps and then passed out. Should she go back to gym?" He asked, looking at Ms. Saint. The woman shook her head. "She shouldn't be doing too much physical activity. Just take her to watch and make sure she doesn't strain herself or anything for the rest of the day."

Ashton nodded and took my hand, pulling me up. We waved bye to the nurse and walked back down to the gymnasium, where everyone was either running or doing some type of exercise. Ashton and I sat in the bleachers and watched until the bell rang. He left my side and I went back into the locker room, getting changed back into my original clothes. The heat outside was rising and it was a good fifty degrees, so I knew I would be baking in this sweater. I stepped out of the locker room and made my way outside, only to meet Calum and his friends once again.

"You wanna come home with us?" He asked, smiling politely. I shook my head. "Thanks, but my friend is walking me home today." I said, looking towards the doors. Luckily, Jordan came to my rescue and met me outside.

Calum shrugged. "See you Monday, I guess." He got in his car but Michael ran up to me. "We're still on for our date tomorrow, right?" He asked hopefully. I nodded and he grinned, giving me a peck on the cheek. He waved as he went back to the car, and they sped off.

"My baby girl is going on a date tomorrow?" Jordan asked, gasping. I nodded sheepishly and he gushed, pulling me into a big hug. "That's great babe! We should go shopping to find you something! Did he say where?" I shook my head. "I have his number, should I ask?" Jordan nodded frantically and I texted Michael.

L= Lori
M= Michael

L= Where are we going out to? I should dress right, ya know?

M= It was supposed to be a surprise! Well.. We're going ice skating, so..

L= Thanks! See you at six, Mike <3

M= See you at six (;

I closed my messages and looked over at Jordan as we started walking. "We're going ice skating," I announced proudly. Jordan clapped. "I know just what you should wear! Come on, let's go borrow your mom's car and credit card!" He said excitedly. I rolled my eyes and let him drag me down the street to my house.

"Mom please! I just wanna grab a new outfit! It'll be like maybe an hour, two hours tops. And we'll only spend like $50!" I pleaded, clamping my hands together. Jordan chuckled. "No promises." I slapped his arm and looked back at my mom.

"Well.. Okay.. But why are you going shopping again?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. Shit.

I could tell her the truth.. But I don't know if she'll be very happy with it. Fuck it, I'm lying.

"It's uh.. For a party! I'm going to a party tomorrow and I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner but please let me go!"

My mother frowned. "I wish you would've told me at least yesterday, but yes, you can go. I want you home by eleven if you're coming back but if not I want you back by 2 Sunday. You understand?" She asked, hands on her hips. I nodded and she smiled, throwing me the keys. "Have fun!"

Jordan and I ran out of the house and I started the car, driving up to the mall. "You're gonna love what I have in mind!" He gushed, dancing a bit in his seat. I rolled my eyes and turned on the radio, some P!NK blaring through the speakers.

"IF YOU EVER EVER FEEEEL LIKE YOU'RE LESS THAN, YOU ARE PERFEEECT!" Jordan belted out the lyrics and I laughed, singing them quietly under my breath. I pulled into a parking space and let Jordan drag me into the mall.