11.

Spencer just waltzed right into camp, placing the two gas canisters down by his tent and joining us around the campfire.

"What's up guys? Sorry it took me so long to get back. I'm hoping you all handled yourselves." All of us were frozen in uncertainty.

Part of me was so relieved that he was back. Now the group can do dumb things and it won't reflect badly on me. I say it's a win-win.

But then the other part of me is furious! He left us alone up here for two days! I get that we're older and he probably figured we were capable of handling ourselves. What he doesn't understand though, is that all of us have the mentality of twelve year olds!

"Spencer no offense, but I wanna go home." Lena said, finally deciding to speak up.

He looked baffled, "What? Why? Aren't you guys having fun?"

"Far from it." She replied.

"Yeah and the person you put in charge did a really horrible job at handling the situation." Melissa said while looking at me with a smirk.

"Is that true Ren?" Spencer asked.

"What? No! Of course not!" I said defensively.

"Don't listen to her Spencer. There was an all out brawl in the camp. And you know what Ren did? She did nothing but watch." Melissa said.

"Bullshit, I did more than you!"

"Yeah but I'm not the one in charge, duh." She said rolling her eyes.

Spencer held his hands up and the group went silent. "I don't hold any of you accountable for anything. After all, it was me who just left you guys up here." He ended with a with a chuckle.

"Well by the looks of it, you all are ready to go home before our trip has even started. I understand though. We'll leave in the morning. Goodnight." And with that, he went back into his tent.

Melissa started to shake her head and I braced myself for whatever dumb thing she was gonna say next. "Look what you did Ren! You made him feel all bad. Did you see his face? He looked like a sad puppy."

"I'm going back to my tent." I said while standing up.

"You mean our tent?" Melissa asked with a smirk.

"Don't remind me." I said back. She laughed while I stomped over to our tent.

Though I was annoyed beyond belief, I couldn't stop thinking about how cute she looked when she smirked. Or really how cute she looked in general.

Jeez I got it bad.

Just as I was getting ready to settle down for bed, John crawled in through the tent flap.

"What's up?" He said while plopping himself down next to me in Melissa's camping bag.

"You know she's not gonna like that right?" I asked playfully.

"Look Ren, unlike you I have a backbone. I'm not gonna let some cheerleader tell me what to do."

I rolled my eyes and punched his arm. "Hey, also I have great news. Well...you probably already figured it out anyway."