18.

Once we got back from the pool Melissa and John were still hyper as hell. They joined some random game of pool volleyball before I could even find a place to sit. I was hoping that, just like children, they'd tire themselves out and wanna go to sleep once they got back.

"Aren't you guys tired?" I asked looking over at the clock and seeing it was now two in the afternoon. We'd spent a good two hours at the pool, I was certain they'd be drained.

John squinted his eyes at me, "You sound like my grandma. Come on, this place is filled with fun stuff to do and you wanna take a nap?"

"Uh....yeah?" I said. He rolled his eyes at me.

"I mean I could use one." Melissa said quietly.

John groaned, "I guess one nap wouldn't hurt. It is the first day and all."

They unpacked all their things before I could sleep. There was only two beds and they refused to let me choose one until they were done.

After John had finished packing away all his clothes in a dresser he said, "Alright, let's play rock, paper, scissors to see who gets a bed to themselves."

"Awww, I'm horrible at that game!" Melissa said.

"Well too bad. Best out of three." He said before battling it out with Melissa. She lost every round but honestly I would've done the same thing. No matter how hard I try, I can never win that game.

"Alright, y'all gotta sleep together." John said before discreetly winking at me. I rolled my eyes before getting into bed, with Melissa soon following behind.

I woke up sometime later and realized the sun had just started to go down and that we must've been sleeping for a long time.

I looked over to my left and saw Melissa sleeping in the weirdest position I've ever seen. The top half of her body was laying down on the pillows while the bottom half was up, resting against the wall. It looked like she was in the middle of some workout but she was definitely knocked out.

I chuckled and slowly crept out of bed, hoping I wouldn't wake her up. I creeped out of our bedroom and into the kitchen since I hadn't eaten for a while.

Opening up the fridge, the only thing I could see in there was a rainbow cake. That's it.

"What the hell?" I mumbled to myself. I don't remember John or Melissa bringing cake with them...so why was it there?

"You like it?" John said right behind me. I jumped but tried to play it off by crossing my arms.

He smirked at me, "Well?"

"Uhhh, when did it get here?" I asked.

"I snuck it in there earlier when we were getting ready for the pool. And did you see Melissa? I thought she was being possessed or something." He said while laughing. His last statement confused me for a second before I remembered the way Melissa was sleeping.

It was not at all how the movies makes it out to be. You know, usually the main character wakes up to their crush cuddling with them or something. Melissa was nowhere near that standard. I liked that.

"Yeah I saw, but why the rainbow cake?" I asked while pulling it out of the fridge and setting it on the kitchen counter.

"Well because there's this hidden picture in the middle of the cake and you can only find it if you look really hard." He said.

"Really? Wow." I said leaning in closer to the cake. All I could see was the various colors, no picture.

"Hey are you sure-" I began to say but was cut off when I felt a hand push the back of my head into the cake.