16.

"I feel like I just got hit by a truck." John groaned out. You see, even though both John and Melissa knew we had school today, they still drank to oblivion yesterday.

"Yeah and you look like it too." I said while holding in a chuckle.

"Shut up Ren." Melissa growled.

"That was towards John, not you!" I said.

"Really? I could've sworn you said that to me." She mumbled out before dropping her head down to the table. Both John and Melissa were wearing hoodies with the hoods up and dark sunglasses on, despite the fact that we were inside the cafeteria.

"Take the sunglasses off, how can you guys even see?" I asked.

"That's the point. I woke up today and came to the conclusion that I didn't wanna see anybody's ugly face today." John grumbled.

"You guys are ridiculous." I said before laughing. Just then, one of the most annoying girls in the whole school walked up to our table with a few other cheerleaders behind her.

Melissa lifted her head off the table and frowned, "Hello Bailey."

"Hey Mel, and others." Bailey said while glancing over at John and I. Melissa and her then preceded to discuss cheerleader crap and I zoned out.

John leaned over towards me so they couldn't hear our conversation, "She's ugly." He whispered, discreetly motioning his head towards Bailey.

I smiled and whispered back, "I agree." We both started to quietly laugh before everyone focused their attention on us.

"What?" John asked bluntly.

Bailey's smile quickly faded and turned into a scowl, "Look, let's just cut to the chase alright? Tonight is the Homecoming football game and the two guys that were supposed to be our mascots cancelled on us. So we need two people who are willing to do it."

She sighed before continuing, "I won't lie, it's a pretty shitty job. The two guys who usually do it only do it because one of us shows them our boobs after the game. We figure it's a pretty good trade off."

John took his sunglasses off and scowled at the brightness of the cafeteria. Looking up at Bailey, he squinted his eyes, "So you want us...to get in big sweaty suits...for a couple hours...with nothing in return?"

"Well...we could show you-" Bailey started.

John closed his eyes and held up his hand, "Please. No boobies."

"Well maybe we could offer you something else then?" Bailey offered while eyeing John up and down.

"Nothing sexual please." John said in disgust.

"Fine. What do you want then?" She asked, obviously annoyed.

"Two free tickets to Prom." John stated.

"What?! Are you insane?!"

"You need two people right?" John reminded her smugly. She squinted her eyes and had a brief stare down with John before finally giving in, "Fine it's a deal." John said and went to shake Bailey's hand.

"Hold on! You never asked if I wanted to do it!" I said.

"Oh yeah huh. Well? Will you do it with me?" He asked.

"I don't know." I said uncertainly. Everyone groaned and Bailey got more annoyed.

"Well what do you expect?! I've had no time to even think about this." I exclaimed.

"Please Ren. Just do this for me." Melissa said from the other side of the table. I looked over at her and I swear she trapped me with those stunning eyes. I frowned at her and she gave me those puppy dog eyes.