21.

New book cover! New bio and profile picture! New, new, new! And new username for myself!Used to be StreaksOfBlack. Anyways, enjoy!
~~~~~

Melissa moved back over to her side of the boat with a permanent smile etched on her face. The air was filled with distant sounds of music playing from the hotel and chatter from the restaurant that sat on the lake.

Looking up into the night sky, she said, "You know...I've always liked you."

I scoffed, "Yeah right."

"No, I'm serious. I liked you even before I was ready to admit it to myself. But I went about it the wrong way." She said after chuckling.

Melissa sat up, "You know...before we became friends, I always fantasized about steamy interactions between you and I."

I raised my brows, "Oh really? Care to share one with me?"

She smirked, "Well...one of them took place in the store."

I laughed, "Shoe Paradise?"

"Yeah that one. I imagined us alone the break room...and I would call you something like Milky. Then, you'd become all dominant and back me into the break room table saying something like, 'what's wrong with you?' and blah blah blah. Then I'd discreetly sit up on the table and slowly spread my legs, inviting you to come closer-"

"Whoa! Why so detailed?" I interrupted.

She reached over and hit my arm, "Let me finish! Anyways, you'd step closer still in a deep argument with me. Finally when you got close enough, I'd start taunting you while getting all up in your face. So then finally you'd just kiss me hard, grabbing the back of my knees and pulling me close. And then yeah we'd have a pretty good make out session."

I smiled at her, "How did these fantasies end?"

She shrugged, "Never thought that far into it. I just stayed for the sexy parts."

I nodded, a bigger question rising in my mind, "So...what now?"

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Well...I don't think we can be friends anymore, we kinda passed up the friend boundary." I said scratching my head.

"Good cause I don't wanna be your friend anyways." She said with a smile.

I playfully flinched, "Sheesh, talk about harsh."

"Oh stop, you know what I'm suggesting." Melissa said after rolling her eyes.

"You see...I have an idea but I don't want to be wrong."

She smirked, "And what's your idea?"

"Well...I think you're asking me to be your girlfriend. But on the other hand, you could've said you don't wanna be my friend anymore because I'm a horrible kisser and-"

She grabbed my shoulders, "The first one! And you're a great kisser by the way."

I playfully smirked, "Thanks." Checking my phone, I realized it was already ten thirty and I was freezing my ass off. "Let's get off of this boat."

I paddled the boat back to the dock with no help from Melissa. The guy tried to charge me for an extra hour but my girlfriend managed to talk him out of it. Walking back to the car, Melissa brought up a very valid point, "So since we're dating, do I like put your name in my Instagram bio orrrrr....what?"

"Well I'd wait at least a month for the bio thing. I always thought it was lame when people put something like 'October 11' with a heart and when I go to check the date and it's October 12th. That may be just me." I said while unlocking the car.